Carry ALL THE TIME?

Welcome to the family brother @Alexjandro and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Thank you wouldn’t want to be anywhere else!

2 Likes

@Alexjandro.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

3 Likes

I know I’m not supposed to say this, but no. I don’t carry all the time. Usually, but not always. Lots of reasons for my answer, but I won’t bore you.

2 Likes

Wow! Good thing you were carrying, even for something as seemingly innocent as taking out the trash. It is only in 2020 where someone might try to assault you over not wearing a mask, while you were outside, by yourself and on your own property too! Hopefully, you were able to I.D. the psycho and press charges for criminal trespass and attempted murder?

This, however, is a great testimony to always be carrying your handgun, concealed or open (if permitted). Can you imagine the possible outcome had you not had your handgun? Thankfully, you are a disciplined carry proponent.

3 Likes

Thank you. I have been carrying concealed for over 30 years. In addition to wallet and keys, I never walk out the door without my firearm and compact tactical flashlight. Attempted murder would have been a stretch. He was about 10 feet away when I stopped him at gunpoint. He was unarmed except for the mouthful of bodily harm talk. The threat was gone so I gave him a quick education on mask use and directed him to go home like a good little boy.

I followed him undetected a short distance to his residence nearby for future reference in the event of another lapse in good judgment. My friends at the PD know where to find him, if necessary. Fortunately for him, attempted impersonation of an intelligent person isn’t a crime.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Where I mostly am, the laws seem very strict, limiting where one can legally carry. Therefore, wherever I legally can, I carry. Not sure all feel as I do, but I feel better with it. Violent crime occurred upon my significant others and I over the years. I travel a lot as well.

“I keep it on the down low.” However, a few family and friends who found out, did not like it, and I notice they do not call as much, I’m still struggling with that. I’ll lock it away when I want to be with them. Not all of me, but the more full and real me now includes the carrying side.

In someone’s home, if I trust them, I’ll ask for permission, else I obtained a high-quality lock box for my vehicle. I’m even more careful around children or grandparents who have dementia. I used to live in a high-rise, but it had such good security measures, I did not feel the need to carry once inside my building then.

4 Likes

I carry all the time, everywhere it is legal. I do not go where I cannot carry. I carry in my home, always. It is a way of life. I train every chance I get. I take additional classes online, at the local range, and of course I attend Gunsight Academy. When Sig is in my state offering courses, I am planning my calendar for them. I certify and I teach. It is a way of life. It has moved from second nature to my primary nature. It is a way of life, not a hobby, not a sport, not a sometimes thing. I will not be a victim, ever again.

2 Likes

I carry everywhere
I for sure carry at home
Most home invasion robbery’s happen between 8 and 3 I read somewhere
If you’ve never been involved in something like this you can’t believe how fast it happens
Seconds and they are inside and on you
There is no time to go get your gun

5 Likes

Yep. I carry all the time, including at home.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about getting some surgical procedure to put my carry in a surgically created cavity in my leg or side. Kind of like in Robo Cop.

4 Likes

Carry as much as I can. Simple motto is, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Remember, the bad guy gets to choose the time and place.

2 Likes

Yes , Carry all the time. Been carrying for 15 years . M y side arm is like anything elase I have on me , If its not there I know something is off

1 Like

I would say to carry everywhere and when it is legal. I have a good lock box in my vehicle for the times and places I can’t legally carry.

2 Likes

I carry all day every day. The only exceptions may be some of the time when I’m home (I’m always within a couple seconds of one) and in certain federal buildings where prohibited. There is enough of a guard force there that my drawing would be more of a risk anyway.

I do fit the tool to the job though. Just as you may fit the right size hammer or sledgehammer or jackhammer to a job. If I’m going to a family members house with no stops in-between I may do a so-called “pocket” gun. Then I have my typical edc with a backup mag. I also have a full size with backup that I lose some comfort and concealment with but is a better shooter.

You never know when there may be an armed burglary attempt at your friends house. It may arise you need to get gas or food on your way home or even stop to help someone on the side of the road. The possibilities are endless on things that can arise. There is a good argument to always carry the same thing every time, there is also a good argument to fit the tool to the job.

Whatever you do, always train with whatever you carry. Also, dryfire, dryfire, dryfire. There is a very noticeable difference between those that dryfire frequently and those who don’t.

4 Likes

Stickers on doors are easy to ignore… sorry my eyesight isn’t what it used to be.
But if I notice a metal detector :grin:

3 Likes

At family breakfast where I am the cook for the crew. Probably the only armed cook close by

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Greg89 and you are in the right place at the right time.

I carry all the time. You’ve heard the term, " Do you carry all the time? My answer, no not all the time just when I have my pants on. I carry at home and away every where I go. If it’s at a friends home, I do let them know I am carrying. If people with small children are visiting, I make sure all guns are put under lock and I inform those that know I carry.

3 Likes