Canic pistol

@Raymond… I’m just gonna say… it’s not the gun :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s why I say that… Fiocchi ammo working fine in my TP9SFx.
Now :laughing: :joy:
The first 5 rounds I stovepiped Every.Single.One. My hubby put the next 5 rounds through it - zero stovepipes. Next 5 rounds were mine - 4 out of 5 stovepipes. :woman_facepalming:

Took 3 things to sort that out:

1. A bit of new-gun break-in
  2. Several new-gun clean-and-lubes
  3. I had to figure out what was wrong with my grip

I have one other gun I have a lot of stovepiping on, but now that I’ve got 1000 rounds or so through the Canik, I bet I don’t anymore :thinking: I’ll have to check next time I’m home.

The challenge for me on the Canik was getting my grip stiff enough. I don’t normally have issues with that, but the Canik wants just a bit more grip stability than I’m used to. I got my grip sorted out and now there’s no stovepiping at all in the last 250 rounds.
On my right hand. :laughing:
On my left, I’m still getting some. :unamused::roll_eyes:

I noticed also if I’m not getting my elbows locked out that was causing some stovepiping.

There is a set of High Energy and Low Energy springs you can get - I’m going to order these as I suspect the default Canik spring wants the High Energy rounds. That said, I’m getting no stovepipes with 5 different kinds of ammo now, so shooting it has definitely improved my skillset. Not a bad thing, in my mind.
Also got a WHOLE lot of practice on my failure clearing drills. :muscle: Not a bad thing either. :grimacing::rofl:

Once the left hand is keeping up with the right, no-stovepiping-wise, I’ll try these and see what I think:

https://www.centuryarms.com/canik-single-action-recoil-spring-pack.html

$30, good to have on hand.
I’m also ordering a spare spring, in case I want to take a loop out of the spring and see if I like that better.

https://www.centuryarms.com/patp050d.html

We shall see :slight_smile: we shall see.

At any rate, I’m having a blast shooting it. :heart_eyes:
Especially now that I’m not stovepiping it. :rofl: