CA moves to outlaw USCCA & NRA Shooting Insurance

The anti-freedom crowd can’t seem to get themselves on the same page. In one breath, they want to prohibit insurance, yet in another they want to make it mandatory to own a gun. Foolishness.

5 Likes

That’s so unconstitutional. Crooked politicians at its finest. It’s not murder insurance, it’s family and self protection form the idiots that try to rob and kill people for something stupid or nothing at all. These are the idiots that need violent crimes committed against them as harsh as that sounds. But maybe might ring a bell or make them realize that if they needed to protect themselves or their family that they wouldn’t expect special privileges because they are “government officials “. Idiots!!

4 Likes

I believe they do not want the insurance companies or whoever to advertise, if indeed they did attempt to outlaw liability insurance, then you might as well include all insurance companies.

3 Likes

I agree that they want total control and to be the ones who decide when and how to weaponize govt institutions. This seems to me that they want to ensure that individual citizens remain totally isolated while facing the fire, the fury, and the unlimited resources of the govt collective and the media. To me, the power, effectiveness, and intrinsic value of organizations such as USCCA and NRA is brought into sharp focus by the Left’s very attempt to outlaw them.

6 Likes

Wow! :scream: what a shame, they are clueless.

3 Likes

I have no doubt another civil war will happen. The question is when…? History will repeat itself, we hear this all the time and I think if we look back at history and everything happening now, it all makes sense.

Prepare, folks, prepare.

5 Likes

I certainly hope that we do as much as possible to stop these kind of actions…including getting other groups involved…

4 Likes

@Richard29 I know the good folks at USCCA are working on this every day. @Dawn can always get us the current status.
Glad you’re here, welcome to the group!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community

4 Likes

I’m a Californian. 37, Navy Veteran. Mom and Wife. Gun Owner. Civics and gov’t is still something they teach in school, not sure where some of you get the information they don’t. I hope that, things are more inviting, and in the contributive vein of the gear threads, than what was in this thread for newcomers from California like me. You are all amazing and helpful when you’re being constructive. I’ve lived all over this great country, in service and out, and there is no other state I would rather call home, than California. I don’t even mind the 1$ fee and instant background check for ammo. It’s no more inconvenient than buying Sudafed from the pharmacy when stuffed up with allergies. I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend.

3 Likes

You should mind since by definition it is an infringement on your rights; The same rights you defended while serving guaranteed by the same constitution we all take an oath to support and defend.

8 Likes

Remember, @WildRose, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I’m so glad that @Hailey has jumped into the conversation and she’s welcome to express her opinions which may be different than others. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here @Hailey! Thank you for your service!

That’s our goal, constructive, supportive, educational conversation. We don’t have to agree, but we’ve all agreed to disagree with respect. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Isn’t this illegal as restraint of trade?

1 Like

@Francis3… one would think. But they’re trying to construe the USCCA membership as a form of insurance … it isn’t but they want to use insurance law to suppress it. Insurance is a regulated industry and insurance companies are regulated at the state and national level. By declaring it to be insurance, they hope to do what they haven’t been able to do other ways… make people give up their guns.

BTW, welcome to the group :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Had a company contact me about a job in CA. Nicely told them where they could stuff CA - well maybe not so nice. Same goes for NJ, NY, IL etc. Will not even pass though those states.

4 Likes

So, if they get their way, what have we really lost, something we never had until USCCA created protection for their members. This also flies in the face of other gun haters that have been calling for gun owners to be insured. I understand what we have provides members with financial coverage and what they want is financial penalties to gun owners.

As I understood when I got into the program, this was not insurance, but a financial assistance benefit.

I am so sick and tired of the liberals trying to force their hateful agenda on the rest of the world.

5 Likes

There are a handful of companies besides USCCA that do this, and all would be booted out of CA. What we lose is another form of self protection… one against legal assault by the government or civilians. That’s a big loss.
And you’re 100% right… some states wanted to force us to carry liability and now they want to convert a membership into insurance so they can prevent us from getting it. Its insane on its face and it really serves to illustrate the agenda… its anti-gun and anti-gun-owner, crystal clear.

1 Like

I’ll agree that I don’t like others forcing their agenda on me or anyone else for that matter. But I want to believe that the only reason people who want to outlaw firearms or self-defense legal protection are doing so out of desire to protect people. They’re hoping that by making anything to do with firearms illegal murders will stop happening and crime will go down.

IMO, the problem is that criminals already don’t obey the laws - that’s why we call them criminals - and the only people who will be hurt by this are those who are law-abiding in the first place. Murders and crime will continue, we need to address the root causes which are much harder to address and solve.

3 Likes

@Dawn I was wondering what current USCCA membership is at present? Apparently a lot of folks signed on recently, and piqued my curiosity as to how much “juice” we may have as an organization. I don’t know if that information would be considered confidential, but was hoping just to get a feel for our numbers. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Across the country we have about 300,000 members. Tim gave that number that last night on the Live Training so I’m fairly confident in sharing it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes