Calif law requiring libility gun insurance proposal

I just read this on my Google News today I think this is ridiculous I think is just a way of them wanting to get more money that and a lot of people that have guns cant afford to buy insurance it’s just insane I just think they’re trying to find a way to get the guns from regular law abiding people what you guys think? I’m going to post the link here tell me what you guys think?A California mayor wants to require all gun owners to have liability insurance | CNN

2 Likes

Wait, isn’t California one of the states state politicians wanted to drop insurance and calling it “Death Insurance”??? They can’t have it both ways. Oh yes, right it’s California yes they can. :flushed::smile:

4 Likes

One of the long term strategies of the anti gun left has just been to make gun ownership so expensive and so burdensome with regulation and to make the laws so complex it’s all but impossible not to be in violation that the vast majority of gun owners will just give them up.

Liability insurance has been a big part of their focus to that end for more than a decade.

Jacking up the cost of ammunition with punitive taxes is another and of course your state has already started down that road too.

3 Likes

Of course, this is California. Make it a legal requirement for people to have it and then ban those providing it from doing so in the state.

Makes perfect sense to them!

3 Likes

To me it is opening the door to let the invader sue should he live.

2 Likes

They can already sue. This way there’s a guarantee that the plaintiffs lawyer has a pool of money to go after.

The goal though is to make it ever more expensive and difficult for the average person to be able to afford to own guns.

5 Likes

Understood. Here in Fla he has no legal right to sue if you were justified.

2 Likes

Nor does his family should he not live.

3 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not the case in many states.

3 Likes

I know. The better half wants to move back to Oregon. That is where all of her family is. The thought already hurts.

3 Likes

Just another really dumb idea to try and stop law abiding citizens from protecting themselves from evil

2 Likes

I guess you have to be a Californian to understand @WildRose :woman_shrugging:. I like the word @bulldog used the other day Calizuelean or something close to that.

Gilroy’s is a small town near Santa Barbara. The good mayor just committed political suicide.

How so, @bulldog? What did I miss in the news this weekend? :thinking:

Yep! They learned from going after tobacco users how to inflate the cost and drive away the consumer. In a very real way it’s part of the left’s agenda against capitalism and freedom. Not trying to bash one side but the evidence is pretty clear.

The mayor wants to pass a local law requiring liability insurance to own a firearm. That wont fly in Gilroy.

2 Likes

So he’s following San Jose’s lead? UGH! I feel like the politicians are talking out of both sides of their mouth on this one… :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Ok, fine…then the Government entity requiring me to hold liability insurance to own that firearm, needs to hold liability insurance to pay out for any/all criminal activity I may experience. It has to be the Government because criminals by definition will not follow the law and carry.

2 Likes