Born To Protect: Have you seen the new USCCA look and feel that's dedicated to all protectors?

That pop up has been there a while (maybe a year?), it’s interesting you’re just noticing it, @Jerzees! :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting take on the picture, @Zee.

I understand what you’re saying about the fierce woman, but when we’re concealing, don’t we look like everyone else? The women training I think is a good choice because, you’re right, women are the fastest growing segment of concealed carriers. And we want everyone who starting out to get trained so I think that one is spot on- I would love to see it evolve too.

1 Like

Yeah… I’ve never had / seen this pop up before.
Maybe it’s first sign that I’m older than I think? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

LOL! Nah, it just stands out more now, @Jerzees. :wink:

2 Likes

So heres what is see when I look at these

• Top left: happy family, condition white
  • Top middle: women shooters in a sporting setting (no indication to me either is a trainer, could be shooting buddies)
  • Top right: woman attending baby (protective on seatbelt front) baby looking out and concerned (condition white, shes about to be badly surprised?)
  • Bottom left: protective father
  • Bottom middle: woman looking at the dog, man looking out
  • Bottom right: man training a man to be a protector.

I see men in family, men caretaking, men comfortable with firearms, men trainers, men protectors.

I see women in family, women caretaking, women comfortable with firearms and shooting together.

What I don’t see is women trainers, women protectors.

I see the women in here clearly in “born to care”. I’m not getting much of a “born to protect” vibe for the women.

1 Like

Doesn’t that look like exactly what you see when you get everyone safely back together after whatever catastrophe you just survived?

I look at that and I see post-mass shooting when you are all reunited and safe.

1 Like

Now that you pointed it out, it’s all I see. I’ve let the people who designed it know that there’s a bunch of feedback on this thread - don’t know if anything will change right away (the rest of the site needs updating too) but we’ll see!

2 Likes

@zee, your perspective between the female shooters and the male shooters is interesting.

How you see the women as “shooting” buddies and the men as “training to protect”…curious what do you see that leads you to that?

I look at both and see shooters (actually looking at the bottom I see father training his son since he’s correcting his grip).

Not saying your perception is “wrong”…it’s just different from what I saw…(which is what made it interesting to me and I’ve been known to overlook details sometimes).

1 Like

If you’re not moving forward, you’re standing still. Good that USCCA is never standing on that X. Logic of the change makes sense. I like that protection of loved ones is emphasized (initially) more than guns. Any sane American can stand behind protection of loved ones, even if unsure about guns. Good to start with that universal truth/right and make people pause and think. Then suggest that things that go bang are one tool to protect those we love. Start with consensus where you can, then branch out from there. As always, Bravo USCCA!

5 Likes

Two women high fiving, neither coaching the other, neither sporting teacher/coach patches. This reads “hey we did it!” to me (peers).

One man clearly coaching the other, the look is intensely focused, which indicates a serious purpose (life protecting) to me, but could be sporting. Reads Training for Serious Business rather than Training for Fun to me. I can see father son, but given the son is not a kid, it isn’t what came to mind.

And of course, all just my perspective.

I really like the bottom left image… protective father. Love, caretaking, protection all right there.

The women are looking at babies, dogs, and each other. None looking for danger, none with any protective posture.

In the group hug, I know who the protector is, and it isn’t her. Woman and child are the ones being protected and seeking shelter.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE protective men. There is no better man than one who will lay his life down to protect you.

What I’m not seeing in these pictures is the woman who will do so too. What I’m not seeing is me.

3 Likes

James were you AF?

2 Likes

I like the simple basic theme as we always proceed with caution.
I would change the amber to purple. Black, white and purple que a broader spectrum of colors to the purple at heart.
I would like to see more of an emphasis on togetherness in training for protection to promote as we train with we learn interactively.
Sometimes the feeling of inclusion is lost in the advertising. No matter how big or small the individual needs to find what fits them. It is not about what is better or less in comparisons. Looks can be deceiving so hands on finds what works.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @Jill1!

Thank you Zee. I am a long time participant with the interaction here at USCCA and Disqus.
I have noticed that the new format has not perpetuated more contact between users or this site.
The reason for not being drawn into the stereotyping or baiting is an awareness. Some here actually speak from a source of confidence and not to push an agenda to create conflict.
We also train to get ahead of a conflict through deescalation or avoidance. Having another tool to use can save us from having to use our weapons. It may save lives. For sure it will save $$$'s.

2 Likes

Yes sir…….87 - 94

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing…I saw the two guys and was like awww, daddy took jr to the indoor range to teach him how to shoot…….and I saw the two women with two emptied handguns giving each other high fives and was like “oh those chicks just went to work on some dumb bastard who was dumb enough to jump them in a field, serves him right.” :wink:

1 Like

Is there something we could/should be doing about that? Maybe @dawn can weigh in on it?

:laughing:
now THAT’S a perspective I missed altogether

2 Likes

I like the motto…a lot! Where(and when) can I get merchandise?

1 Like