BLM-Antifa Rioters / Armed Restaurant Diner

Yes, I am, far more likely than you taking on a violent mob.

The police in this story did nothing - regardless of where you live - this happened.

You have any proof of that? Photos, maybe?

100% false, regardless, you are only “allowed” enough force to stop the threat. If someone “touched” you, you would not legally be “allowed” to break bones and teeth, Mr. Plastic.

1 Like

Pictures aren’t faked. Headline is biased. So according to what your saying anyone with a visible firearm and a different point of view is then intimidating. In my opinion there is only one person that has a weapon drawn. Only one person is using a weapon to intimidate. I wouldn’t even pull my gun unless it was absolutely necessary. Not because my dinner was interupted

1 Like

They were intimidating the patrons, why else would they be there armed and in a mob? So the pictures showing that the patrons faced off against a violent mod are not faked, but the intimidation of said patrons was faked? If the man did not believe the firearm being employed was necessary, why would you believe otherwise? Were you there? You can claim what you want, that does not make it fact. Unless you have another, unbiased source to refute the story, your opinion is just that.

1 Like

Lol. You still don’t get it. When was the so called mob violent? Do you have any proof or did you get that from the headline. Who in the mob had a gun drawn? No pictures or video of that. The one person who visibly had a gun still had it holstered after the patron drew his. In the situation I saw on video if I was the patron I would have walked through the big open door on the patio and found another exit. Pretty simple really

Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

I just watched a longer video of this incident. The people trying to de-escalate the situation were the armed people in the so called “violent mob” with the exception of one guy that got pissed about the patron pointing a gun at him. Nobody except the patron ever raised a weapon. Weird right?

1 Like

No de-escalation would have even been necessary had they not been pro-actively threatening random, innocent people trying to enjoy a meal out. What would you do if someone showed up at your family barbecue to tell you you need to stop being so white, or so privileged, or so whatever-we-antifa-don’t-like-today?

3 Likes

While I don’t agree with the patron drawing based off what I could see, I’m not surprised as it was only a matter of time before these agitators pushed someone too far. We’re fortunate it didn’t escalate further, but I’m afraid it is only a matter of time before this ends with an exchange of gunfire.

I don’t agree with drawing for the following reasons:

1. The optics of it are bad. You’re playing right into the other side’s narrative that gun owners are quick to go to guns. That said, if you really are backed against a wall with no other means of escape or survival, you do what you need to. If you can get video of the other side being thuggish, it’s even better.

2. With my EDC and spare mag, if the crowd turns hostile, there’s no way I’m shooting my way out alive without armed allies. Better to pay for my meal and walk away. I don’t like the idea of walking away as it’ll only encourage them, but it’s the least worse option, especially if my family is with me.

3. I didn’t get any audio so I can’t tell if the crowd made any threats to the patrons.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’ve really thought this one out. Thought it out to where you could justify beating someone up (your true intention?) With several antifa “protestors” there, some armed, it could just as easily be you sporting lost teeth or broken bones.

2 Likes

The protestors had guns (i.e. gun owners) as well as being unprovoked instigators. Is it better off you or your family being brutalized or dead, or having “bad optics?” I’ll take bad optics over the former any day. I’m not running for office.

2 Likes

Still waiting to see any evidence of anyone being threatened. Do you have any? All I saw from the videos I can find online are people protesting on a public sidewalk until the guy at the restaurant pulled a gun. Then the focus was on him. If I was at a family barbecue it would be on family property… that would be a completely different scenario. The guy should have left rather than antagonize and pull a gun. He was lucky the group was well behaved or it could have been bad. After watching the videos he was outgunned by far, yet the well armed people in the group were more responsible with their firearms than he was. Not one even raised a weapon during the entire incident. If your the type to pull a weapon because someone interrupted your meal I wish you luck. You will need it

1 Like

I don’t need to have any evidence. I can imagine what might be the case before outright condemning the guy. The video, however, is obviously taken from the protestors’ perspective, and likely doesn’t tell the whole story. Given what we’ve seen from other protests where restaurant patrons were randomly targeted (as when a “protestor” was so bold, for example, as to nab a patron’s drink and consume it while their group was being verbally assaulting), it’s no stretch of the imagination to envision a similar aggressive act was forthcoming.

Why not at a public park? Worried about antifa, and how to be nicey-nice and accommodating? It’s not the where, it’s the act. Whether you’re on private property, or in a public place, we have a right to not be threatened.

2 Likes

You know what assuming does right? Pretty ignorant to say “I don’t need to have any evidence”. I guess I shouldn’t expect much from someone who uses a fake news source for the majority of their posts on here. Like in your response I guess I should just use my imagination to fill in the blanks about the rest of your character traits. Like I said before safest scenario if I was in his situation with or without my family is to leave. Why risk gunfire or death for anyone involved

1 Like

Prepares you for a possible bad scenario? Tell you what, you put your faith in “protestors’” good intentions, and I’ll put mine in being vigilant about my family’s safety. We’ll see who’s left standing. I sincerely wish you the very best of luck.

And it’s not ignorant at all to say I don’t need evidence. I’m not defending myself, nor am I deliberating on a jury; rather, I’m trying to be objective in imagining that were the camera reversed, we could easily be seeing a very different picture visà-vis the protestors’ demeanor. You have no idea what the guy was seeing, what he perceived as a threat, but you are quick to condemn him.

1 Like

I don’t put faith in anyone’s good intentions. When it comes to my families safety my head is on a swivel. I’m not even saying that he wasn’t threatened, he could have been, but there is no evidence of that. That being said, escalating a situation to a point of drawing a firearm on a crowd when I’m obviously outgunned would not be in the best interest of myself or my family. Can you imagine how many people could have been hurt or killed had he pulled the trigger? Or if someone in the group did? No reason to keep my family in that type of situation if it’s avoidable.

One hurt and one killed? The protester shot by the guy with the noisy cricket- non-life threatening gsw, and one slaughtered by a mob with guns? :joy:… Heading back to my lawn chair now.

3 Likes

Lol. For real though, I would be worried about bystanders catching strays as well. Too crowded of an area

2 Likes

What I would do is finish my meal and act like they don’t exist. They want a reaction… that’s the whole reason they are there. Why give someone the pleasure of getting you to lose your temper, and then whipping out a phone to video you looking like a jack*#@? Then the world only sees one side of a situation, and in the case of something like this, this person looks like the criminal. Where is video of the beginning of this confrontation? Oh, wait…there isn’t one because the only side the protesters wanted seen is recorded…

2 Likes

If you can’t ignore them, get out your camera when they show up and fight fire with fire.

2 Likes

Hence the follow-up. If you’re truly back against the wall, eff the optics and do what you need to get yourself and your loved ones out of the situation.

From the video, i see at least one agitator with a drawn firearm, but he keeps it at his side and pointed at the ground.

As more of these incidents occur, i think it is important to both keep a cool head about the situation and also get as many people filming it as well to dispute any potentially edited videos the other side might release.

2 Likes