Best way to carry when wearing shorts

Usually I carry a revolver in my pocket when carrying in shorts if I’m in town. If I’m not in town, then I carry a hip holster with a untucked shirt. I wear belts with my shorts. I imagine my set up won’t work with athletic shorts.

1 Like

Been wearing a Fanny Pack for yrs now. Have to stand-up a holster in it(use foam pads to make it stay in place - up-right). S&W M&P9C 12+1, + 2 full 17rd mags on off side, 47 rds available- summer, winter, anytime.
Can wear it with anything, anytime- gym/running shorts - works fine.
Under heavy winter jacket - works fine - just move concealment aside.
But you need to set it up right, and practice some with it.

1 Like

I usually wear cargo shorts and carry a Springfield 911 380 with no imprint issues.

2 Likes

I am a man of girth and thought uncomfortable belts were just a part of life, my belts tended to cut off my circulation, I recently got a “gun” belt with a metal core, unbelievable the difference between the cheap belts I used to wear and the new belt, able to wear it tighter and it holds my IWB comfortably as well, this should be just fine with shorts too.

2 Likes

I don’t often wear shorts, mostly being a fit and comfort issue. Being a self taught tailor, I am currently working on a pattern for shorts\ trousers which will feature a cargo pocket with a built in holster at just the right height for a ‘relaxed arm draw’. About like one of those tactical thigh holsters.

If anyone is interested I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Regards.

3 Likes

The importance of a quality belt can’t be overstated. Like most people I wasted a lot of money trying various types and finally came across these.

Incredibly comfortable, distributes weight exactly as it should, and will not roll.

Not having a metal core also allows it to move with you and self adjust to give you a proper fit no matter how “eccentric” your build is.

5 Likes

I’d be interested, the ones I have come across are ridiculously priced. Just adding a strap inside the pocket doesn’t justify an $85+ price tag.

1 Like

Yeah. Totally would be interested in what you do with that. I used to make all my own clothes, when I had more time, and I’d consider doing that for carry pants.

1 Like

I keep trying to design an easy access holster for a small back pocket gun probably in .380 that would look for all the world like a wallet and still be comfortable. It would also need to secure in place to be relatively pick pocket proof. Haven’t gotten there yet.

1 Like

Belt with cargo shorts is how I carry. I’ve had no problems and currently trying to do the same with “fishing” pants.

1 Like

This is off topic a little, but I tried something a little different today. While shopping with my wife at a local outlet today I was wearing shorts and carrying my Glock 19 AIW. When I went to the restroom I tried something a little different. When I sat down on the toilet I was carefull to control my pistol by holding onto the loose end of the belt. When seated I then attached the belt together using the longest hole. With a little outside pressure with my knees, everything stayed right inplace on my legs.

Also, did not have any problems concealing the firearm while out shopping and then to a restaurant.

2 Likes

Usually wear cargo shorts, Crossbreed belt than either my Glock 23 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWb or a Vedder picket Locker if my Sig P365 depending on what I carry that day. Just recently got. Vedder Light Tuck IWB which mean I ca now carry either the Glock or Sig in the same location all the time which is really my preference anyhow.

I have a pouch that has a belt with velcro -it’s sewed in the middle. Your firearm fits in one side and extra ammo in the other…it works perfectly with shorts, sweatpants and even with pants that are a little too loose in the waist…as long as as you wear a Tshirt or your shirt tail out- I wear it with all my summer clothes even to church- I’m sorry I don’t know what it’s called- it has no name brand label on it, but I have been wearing this one for several years now. my favorite by far- I was a runner for many years and no one had a clue that I was carrying as I ran

Echo waist pack for shorts without belt loops

1 Like

Welcome to the group @tom8! How do you find that for drawing from?

I pocket carry so it doesn’t matter. Shorts or pants, it’s all the same to me.

2 Likes