Before you.put on.Your EDC.DO..Check.IT.❓

We are all in a hurry these days !! Before leaving your home. Do you check your edc. And blade :question:

5 Likes

Never leave home without them.

6 Likes

Never leave the bedroom without them.

6 Likes

No, I don’t check it. Not normally, anyway. I take check to mean something like the word inspect in this context.

I put the holster on my belt, the gun was checked/verified condition when it went into the holster initially

7 Likes

Nathan 57. I always Inspek. My edc’s no matter . That’s just me . I always pull back the slide!! And chamber another round and replace the next round . With a new one . Every single day no matter . That’s just . So I know she is running good. . I make sure nothing is hung up no matter what it was doing when I put it in the holster . Even my six. Guns . I check the trigger on each and cock back to hear the four clicks . And spin my cylinders . But it’s my LIFE. Even my blades l run past the Steel. I seriously . Take . Defense. Know but verify!! Old school . SIR . Stay safe happy Lords day brother :feather::feather::latin_cross::us::bangbang:

2 Likes

Sure, i check for dust and cobwebs, make sure no jelly on the grip! The blade no peanut butter on the blade! No, seriously, I clear, visually inspect and reload and chamber, everyday I holster! No safety!! Knife clips to pocket where my keys are, check to see how smooth the opening and how well it stays secure!!!

5 Likes

This brings up a question I have. Ive seen over and over agin that rechambering a cartridge too often can cause bullet setback. When I clear and reload my EDC, I put the ejected cardridge back into the magazine lower in the stack, so I never have a cartridge getting rechambered too often. I check for bullet setback and have never seen it. My SD ammo is pretty expensive, so I don’t want to have to shoot it away very often if I dont have to, just because of excessive rechambering.

Do you do anything in particular to prevent setback, or is it a non issue?

5 Likes

THAT IS JUST WHAT YOU SHOULD DO . I DEFINITELY WANT TO KNOW MY . Life. Is NOT GOING TO BE LOST BECAUSE I JUST DID NOT VERIFY MY EDC. Stay safe BROTHER :us::feather::feather::100::bangbang:

2 Likes

Brother the ROUND I . RACK OUT :bangbang: AND I NEVER PUT IT BACK IN MY EDC. Till I . GO TO THE RANGE AND I BLOW THROU THEM AT THE RANGE . No HANG ROUNDS FOR PROTECTION JUST THE RANGE . Not A PROBLEM . STAY SAFE .! :feather::feather::us::100:

2 Likes

I view some of the above, personally, as basically all negative and no positive.

Additional risk of an ND every time you administratively handle a firearm, and if you know how to load and check the firearm today, and then you put it in a holster, why do you have to unload and load and check it tomorrow? What is gained by chambering a new round today vs the one you chambered yesterday, or last month?

I especially wouldn’t recommend manipulating the trigger on a gun, every day, when you are not intending to fire it. Not unless it’s dry fire in a safe direction with a triple-checked unloaded gun with no live ammo in the same room

5 Likes

NATHAN 57 . I DO NOT CARE IF I WEAR OUT MY EDC CHAMBERING A ROUND A DAY . It makes me FEEL BETTER . And what you said sounds like don’t sharpen your knives KAZ you may cut yourself or Wear out the blade ?? And you may blow a hole in the floor . HAW HAW. EAZY BROTHER I HAVE A FLOOR THAT IS JUST FOR CHAMBERING . MY ROUNDS . Some TIMES I JUST CHECK IT OUT . AND RUN TWO OR THREE ROUNDS THROU. My home has a 30. FOOT RANGE . No problems. Happy LORDS DAY SIR .:latin_cross::chile::us::feather::feather::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Your home has a range?

Now you’re just rubbing it in lol

3 Likes

Nathan THATS not RIGHT CHECK YOUR VISION . Sir . I am not arguing with anyone what WORKS FOR YOU IS FINE BUT I AM CHECKING MY EDC NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL IT IS MY LIFE SIR LOVE BOBBY JEAN SIR THANK YOU SIR :chile::us::100::100::100::feather::feather::latin_cross::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::bangbang:

Love you BROTHER . YES SIR BROTHER Debbie ann was NOT GOING TO JUST LET ME BURN DOWN THE BACK WALL HAW HAW yes SIR . We have a place here called noble RANGE TECHNOLOGY . And they sell mobile RANGES :bangbang::100::100::100: AND I GOT THE IDEA FROM THEM . Yes I have a garage door opener fixed to bring my target back and take it away 291/2, FEET. GREAT BACK STOP. :stop_sign: And I have fans . And no NABORS. Can’t hear anything. Grate. Love Bobby jean :chile::us::latin_cross::100::100::feather::feather::100:

2 Likes

Debbie ann made me a deal get rid of the horse :racehorse: . And I can have the range . And it cost just five thousand dollars with EXZOST fans and the back stop and the new opener lift master . She would not let me have a boiling alley!!! :chile::us::latin_cross::feather::feather::100::100::100::bangbang:

1 Like

A while back I read on this site a post from a plain clothes officer. Each day before leaving for work he removed his firearm from its holster and cleared it. He then performed 3 to 4 draws and presentation from concealment, then reloaded and went to work. I have followed this routine ever since.

5 Likes

Yes sir brother. I CHECK MY WEPONS BECAUSE I AM NOT PLAYING AND MY LIFE IS VC ON THE LINE THE SECOND I TAKE MY WEPON. Out . I LIKE TO KNOW I AM GOOD THATS JUST ME AND EVERYONE ELSE . On the job go THROU all the moshions DRAW POINTING AND MOVING AND HOLSTERING . Ruteen mine and lots of law enforcement check checking check happy LORDS DAY :latin_cross::chile::us::100::100::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::feather::feather:

1 Like

I always check EDC every morning, the moment I put the stuff on me.
As one smart person said: Always know the condition of your firearm.

3 Likes

That just how I feel and about all law enforcement. That I know wow HOO brother peace :v:t5: :chile::us::100::100::100::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::bangbang:

1 Like

I do my inspections/checks monthly when I clean. Whether I’ve been to the range or not! My firearm is always in condition one, there are no bullet fairies. It was cleaned, inspected and chambered the first of every month, yesterday, today nothing has changed!

4 Likes