Attack against the NRA

You haven’t heard Biden’s latest comments on what he plans if he gets gets elected. He plans on driving the crazy train…

8 Likes

I don’t watch the news anymore…

6 Likes

The NRA is the “big Pro-2A” group, every anti-2A individual knows their name… others like GOA, FPC… not so much. There are a lot of pro-2A groups doing great work but if they suddenly had to take all the fire that the NRA has absorbed for years they would soon be taken down by NY as well.

8 Likes

If the NRA disappears would the supporters not go somewhere like GOA? That makes GOA’s voice just as loud. Then all they need to do is pick their battles and push those issues. It’s not how many hills you defend, it’s which ones you are willing to die on that stand strongest. Of course everyone knows the NRA… they’ve been around for a coons age, and have done some great things for the 2A. That doesn’t mean they are the end all for the defense of the 2A.

8 Likes

I stopped giving to NRA for a while, I can’t stand behind Wayne, I give my extra money to GOA and 2nd Amendment Foundation.

5 Likes

If the NRA goes we lose the “Big Stick”. Yes, there are other orgs out there, but none have the clout of NRA, and once it’s gone they can easily target smaller orgs. Yes, Wayne needs to move on for the good of the organization, and yes the constant all for $$ gets old, BUT they are still the strongest Player on our team and we need to support (or at least not oppose) them. I’m an Endowment Member and have been for two decades. They need to get their act together, but we, the gun owners need to (1) support the organization and (2) hold leadership accountable. How many NR A members actually vote in NR A elections? I suspect a pretty small percentage.

9 Likes

I’m torn here. I do t know whether the allegations are all true, and extremely well timed, or if this is just a misconstrued claim similar to what’s been going on. I’m a member of the GOA, but I’d join the NRA just to back it up during this time… but I also want to know I’m not putting money into crooks pockets.

6 Likes

While the NRA has had some internal problems they are still a huge force in keeping our 2nd Amendment rights. However New York Attorney General Letitia James who is trying to dissolve the NRA is one of the attorney generals who George Soros ( multi-billionaire) basically bought her way into that position. George Soros is trying to destroy the United States as he has done to other countries. He is also funding BLM and Antifa as well as helping many far left wing people get into attorney general positions.

13 Likes

I agree with you. I’ve been on the fence thinking about joining the NRA again. Last time I didn’t get much, a magazine and fund raising calls. But they need to be able to tout membership numbers too, so I think I’ll get off the fence today. Until a few days ago, I’d never heard of the GOA. It sounder like another govt. agency to me. Lol. I’ve been reading about them and think I’ll throw my support behind them too. I do hope that the days of Wayne LaPierre are numbered.

6 Likes

I am an NRA Life Member and will remain a member of the NRA, in spite of their leadership difficulties. In my opinion, leaving the NRA because one feels WLP has behaved badly is tantamount to leaving one’s church because a deacon has misbehaved.

I have read a lot of analysis about the lawsuit against the NRA. From both sides of the aisle, the lawsuit is seen as a very bad idea. The state of New York can fine or otherwise punish the NRA in New York, but it cannot single-handedly force the NRA to dissolve. It’s not even incorporated in New York.

I expect the NRA to fight the lawsuit vigorously, and they have started.

The NRA will survive the lawsuit and WLP.

12 Likes

@OldGnome, do you know what state they are currently incorporated in? I know they are headquartered in Virginia, but it is my understanding that they were originally incorporated in New York following the civil war. I would expect they would want to switch from that state, but not sure what state or when they moved their state of incorporation.

3 Likes

Been a lifetime member since I don’t know when, but this attack has become personal. I agree there are some shake ups taking place, but to go after the institution that’s just fighting words.
It’s happening slowly but we’re going to end up sheep. Unless of course somebody start to stand up. Am I dreaming this crap? Am I on an island, because I’m not getting that tropical feel.
Mark my words, the Constitution is next, don’t be fooled, will we stand up for that?

5 Likes

Please remember there is no name calling allowed in the USCCA Community. You do not have to agree with anyone, but the disagreement needs to be civil. Name calling does not improve your argument.

7 Likes

I don’t know for certain, but I believe it is Virginia.

3 Likes

When I first heard about that, I was outraged…until I heard some facts. Emotional reactions are not good. Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Here’s a viewpoint from a political historian I follow to make sense of things.

3 Likes

The NRA does alot more behind the scenes than many of the other gun advocacy groups like GOA, JPFO, FPC and others. FPC is very vocal about there lobbying effort, the NRA, we know they are there and usually get the job done, they follow the first rule of fight club, don’t talk about fight club. The NRA seems to have always talked to Congress and Presidents, I don’t think it is just WLP. In some ways they are very much part of the swamp, however they do listen to their members. Not to mention the NRA has done and organized a lot of training, but unfortunately it is not as tight knit and involved as the USCCA.

5 Likes

It’s been said before " If we don’t hang together we will certainly hang separately"

9 Likes

I think I will do the same. I’ll pay the minimal fee for a year just so I can add more to their membership numbers.

The attack on the NRA, was clearly to “dissolve the organization in its entirety”. That’s not a good intentioned attack.

6 Likes

So the NRA is getting sued for misappropriation of funds, and is in the process of getting dismantled!

How do you guys feel about everything going on with the NRA and the fight for our gun rights!

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ammo-sources