Advice from the .45 acp owners in the community

The final decision has been made. RIA has been purchased and should arrive at my FFL this week.

Looking forward to the experience. Should I be thinking about a fiber optic front and adjustable rear sight set?

USCCA Mods: The photo is a stock photo from the retailer not the actual firearm with an exposed serial number.

7 Likes

Great! With change $$$ to spend on ammo or a few upgrades.

I only spent on grips on mine.

2 Likes

Additional magazines and Maglula insert inbound as well. Only upgrade I’m contemplating to pistol is a fiberoptic sight set. Sourcing OWB holsters as well, love my Crossbreeds, but for this I thinking old school- leather.

1 Like

Older school

US WWII M1916 .45 Leather Holster Adjustable Belt & 2 MAG. - Etsy?

2 Likes

Thanks-Not quite that old school. Mostly avoiding Kydex on this one.

1 Like

Just kidding.

Here’s one you might like if you’re a fan of Longmire

2 Likes

Take a read on this as to things you can do. I haven’t installed my Tritium sights that I got for X-mass yet and haven’t polished up the inside bits as I have been spending most of my time building my Hot Rod motor. The FIRST thing out of the gate that I had to fix was the HORRRIBBBLLLLE trigger reset. Feel free to give me a shout and I can walk you through it easy. No grinding or cutting just turning as set screw.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Thanks @Craig6 , great read. However, I definitely do not possess the 'smithing skills nor the PATIENCE you showed on your rebuild. That Satin Aluminum finish is flipping awesome. I will put a few hundred through it ,before any thoughts of “improvements”; ignorance can be bliss. Now awaiting the UPS notice and FFL call.

1 Like

Sweeeeeet

1 Like

The FBI’s original solicitation for 9mm handguns generated a flood of questions from state and local agencies, many who carry .40, about the change. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a division of DHS, currently issues the Sig 229 in .40 but allows agents to purchase and carry 9mm Glocks.

1 Like

See how you like the stock sights first imo. Careful on the sights if you change them as there are different dove tail cut angles on some 1911’s. I absolutely munched a tritium 2 dot custom rear that was “made for my Springfield RO.” I do have an adjustable target rear sight on my 1911, but it’s on center and makes me happy there. Got a tritium on the front…didn’t munch that one :hugs:

2 Likes

I have both the 10 mm and 9 mm love those two 1911’s

1 Like

Yesterday the RIA 1911 - Patriot Brown Variant made its maiden voyager to the indoor range. 100rds FMJ and 20rds JHP thrown at paper- or should I say $100 well spent. I need to get used to the additional weight and the black on black sights; as accuracy wasn’t quite there like the Remington rental with fiber optic front. Contemplating some white paint on the front in the mean time.

Time to clean and re-lube so it’s ready for the next trip. First; I need to do some extra hand strengthening exercises, as the sharp lipped full length 1piece rod cap, strong recoil spring, and tight barrel bushing make for quite the struggle to “dis & re” assemble. Barrel bushing wrench highly recommended to assist with this field strip.

Thank you to all for the input and suggestions.

6 Likes

I must have missed it. What caliber is this?

1 Like

.45 acp the way God and John Browning intended it to be!

7 Likes

Hots two of them. I want a 100mm 1911. Waiting to pay off a few big things. I’d like to own a 44 Magnum too. The .50 AE is not that much more powerful that a .44 Mag. So why not. I’d also like to own an M109 Howitzer too and an F16 jet. Gotta save up for those.

3 Likes

What 44 magnum would you get?

1 Like

Another Ruger Super Redhawk. LOVE IT

4 Likes

Wow, now that is a round! :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: that is funny!

1 Like