6 Must-Watch Gun Movies for Quarantine | USCCA

With more time on your hands as you hunker down to avoid getting sick, it is natural to want to not only keep up on your training but also take in a show … or three. In that spirit, here are half a dozen movies for those with an interest in firearms. Some are a lot newer than others, and some take place a lot more recently than others, but all have lessons for the defensive shooter and played important roles in shaping American cinema.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/6-must-watch-gun-movies-for-quarantine/
2 Likes

Great list. Especially Reno 911! It’s hilarious and really great!

Gotta add the three John Wick movies!

3 Likes

I cannot believe Ed didn’t include The Reliant!

For other great gun movie suggestions:

Personally, the 3 John Wick movies are amazingly real (considering he actually knows what he’s doing).
I can think of no better movies re: gun work.
Not for the faint of heart, but holy cow–that dude can fight AND shoot.
And he drives a pretty sweet Mustang.

1 Like

Tombstone (1993) is always good one. I’m your huckleberry…(with the tin cup “gun” spin scene)…classic :smiley:

Image result for doc holliday gif animated bar

2 Likes

I cannot remember the name I will have to look and find it, but I have either the instagram or facebook account of the guy who trains Keanu Reeves and others. He has videos of Keanu and others training and it is sweet.

1 Like

Taran Butler. I’ve watched the training. Crazy good shooting.

To Dawn - who said: I cannot believe Ed didn’t include “The Reliant” !

I participated in the Crowd-Funding along with Tim and numerous others 2 - 3 years ago.
I received my poster a couple of years ago, and the DVD last month.
I watched it last week. Cinematography was great.
But I found the story line hackneyed, kitschy and full of cliches.
OK - - so the Bad Guy ‘loses his Faith’ and is later redeemed in the river - -
(Tim Schmidt SHOULD have been one of the Deputies {Yeah - I’m USCCA})
Unfortunately I can’t recommend the movie.

Tombstone is one of my faves !! Hey Ringo - - I’ll be your huckleberry

Two of my favorites: Shooter (Wahlberg trained at Frontsight) and Open Range (Costner & Duvall)

2 Likes

Kilmer was an excellent Doc Holiday.

1 Like

Yes he nailed that role.

In “Den of Thieves” (2018), near the last moments of the film, the characters are able to rack the slide on their semi’s without use of their injured hand.

In “The 2nd" (2020), though a surprisingly violent film, part of the story includes an anti-hero parent whose daughter died from a mass shooting, and goes beyond extreme in order to persuade a politician to vote to restrict gun rights/freedoms.

However, the anti-hero’s cross paths with another parent who takes his son to the range, and a daughter who studies sword “fencing”. At least one of the actors holds a Black-Belt; I noticed they did their own stunts. The hero’s on the other hand are underdogs, smaller in stature, and their hearts would be tested. Watch for what the father says to his son at the end. It ends with a teaser to a sequel?

I started watching it, and took it to be propaganda and anti-firearm… shut it off.

Rattlesnake (2019), horror/fiction genre: Great actress, see if you can pick up her “English” accent.

Love Open Range. Another good one is For a Few Dollars More and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

1 Like