Best TV firearm handling?

While there are so many in Hollywood showing poor gun handling, there are a number of people who get it right.

Keanu Reeves does it right in John Wick. He trained to make sure his gun handling was spot on.

What TV Characters have good gun handling skills?

9 Likes

Michael Mann films - he’s the director but he’s also a firearms guy and he apparently works hard to keep it real. “Heat” and “Collateral” are both good examples.

2 Likes

Donnie Wahlberg as Danny Reagan in Blue Blood.
I’m still amazed that, in this day and age that people on TV still teacup their weapons and mishandle them.
The least the studios could do is hire decent consultants and show people who are watching how to handle a weapon SAFELY. This is probably why I see so many people on the range mishandling their firearms and injuring themselves.

3 Likes

For the Win. I give you:
DROOPY DOG!

10 Likes

:+1:

I think “Heat” was the fist movie with proper gun handling and techniques.

1 Like

Maybe its generational, but I sometimes “teacup” my weapon. In certain circumstances I find it gives a very stable platform. Not so good for managing recoil, though.

1 Like

The guys on the series Seal Team do a really excellent job of handling firearms, good muzzle discipline as well as trigger discipline.

5 Likes

Such a great movie to. Some of my generations actors at the peak of their game. (The movie "Heat"that is)

1 Like

I was thinking of Blue Bloods as well. Rarely do I see a “cringeworthy” gun handling scene there.

Worst of all time was probably “The Rifleman”.

2 Likes

Good one. I’ve only see a few “oopse” moments, one in this weeks episode when they were on the roof.

Muzzling team mates in the middle of a firefight when I could see fingers on the trigger.

2 Likes

Looks all new movies and series producers are talking care of firearm handling.
I’ve been watching “NCIS” recently and they have done good job there.
I’m wondering how new Rambo treats his firearms :slightly_smiling_face:
Haven’t seen it yet…

1 Like

The one consistent “fail” I see on NCIS is that when entering a room to clear it the agents routinely do so with arms extended.

Great way to get your gun taken from you.

3 Likes

James “Sonny” Crockett

1 Like

Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.

That’s a good example of safety rules improvement…

LONG TIME AGO:

NOW:

3 Likes

Yep. Definitely a win.

1 Like

That’s actually how I was raised/taught by my dad. However, we never had semi-autos in the house- they were all revolvers. There definitely is a different handling technique for revolvers vs auto-loaders. I only recently learned about the “thumbs forward” grip. Makes a world of difference on a semi auto, but wouldn’t dare try it on a revolver.

3 Likes

Jack Ryan knows how to keep a pistol :wink:

2 Likes

My absolutely favorite show on TV. I closely watch for goofs, and they are excellent.

3 Likes