Your Favorite Thing to Do at the USCCA Expo?

I am excited to attend my first expo this next year. What are your favorite things to do while at the expo?

3 Likes

The different classes (took 2 defensive classes from Dave Young on retaining your pistol and defending yourself with your pistol in close quarters)

The seminars - John Correa, the attorneys, etc,

The UTC indoor shoot house…

The mobile firing range allowing you to use different handguns you may not have tried before……

The 1st night outing with the band and meeting Tim (dude is much taller than I imagined him to be), Running into Kevin M and Chris Cereno and his wife in the hall and speaking with them (they were all super nice and engaging).

Hanging out and meeting some great folks!!!

It was all pretty awesome!!! (note that was from the Louisville Expo, I missed Pittsburg, but plan on being in KC).

3 Likes

I’m really hoping to make it, but flights are $400 - $450 right now. (Plus hotel…YIKES!) Unless prices drop drastically, I don’t think it’ll be in the budget this year. Hopefully next year they’ll do it closer to Phoenix :wink:

1 Like

I hear you brother, I’ll be road tripping it and using “points” for my hotel.

Also, if you can overcome getting there, consider staying on the KS side, rates tend to be less expensive on that side of the river (Olathe or Shawnee Mission). You’ll need to plan your drive if you do that (traffic on 435 can be a bear).

5 Likes

I don’t know if it would help you - but a friend told me that Southwest Airlines has a big sale going on right now! Maybe they have one from AZ to Kansas City?

3 Likes

I’ll look into it - thanks!!

2 Likes

Dawn since I have never been to an expo, I need to ask if we need to buy tickets to attend.

1 Like

How about get together with @Dawn other community members. (No details yet but Dawn, Zee and I have talked about trying to put some kind of meet and greet together.)

4 Likes

I’m not Dawn, but yes you need to buy tickets it’s best to buy tickets in advance and you get a discount buying them in advance and being a member ($15 for all three days if I recall for Louisville). You also process through the line faster. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think those were the same prices in Pittsburgh at the last expo

2 Likes

can’t wait! just going with that :smiley:

My favorite thing to do at the expo, put some faces to the name of the people I have talked with here in the community.

1 Like

I am looking forward to making some new friends, getting some great training, and learning more about USCCA. Can’t wait!

1 Like