Your experience with Armslist?

Over the years, I have bought and sold a few items on Armslist.

Recently, it seems everything is way overpriced and potential buyers are making ridiculously low offers.

What has been your experience?

1 Like

It has been a few years since I have done any transactions there. Mine were fine at that time.

Generally, I find that in the long run that sort of behavior falls short and it normalizes. Both sides are looking to ā€˜cash inā€™ and get a ā€˜dealā€™. In the case you describe, a heck of a deal. You see it on Gunbroker as well, with stuff being relisted frequently many times.

1 Like

I am constantly checking VA Arms list for deals but have not purchased any products from them. There are some OK deals and some prices are really high and ridiculous.

1 Like

EVERYTHING is going UP IN PRICE! SO MUCH FOR GREAT DEALS anymore.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s ā€œINFLATIONā€ for you!

3 Likes

Sketchy buyers. Get a CCW even for long guns. Well lit area or government center. Better yet at the gun shop with official paperwork. Itā€™s 25 bucks, up your price. Be careful and lawful in transactions. Always photo credentials, permits and SR#.
You need a paper trail.

1 Like

@Ronald150

4 Likes

You got that right!!!

3 Likes

I never cared for it, even in the past. Always seemed better to find your local board or forum. Down here they use the outdoors trader. Or arfcom EE. Or similar.

In all cases, everybody who is on the level requests (as seller) and provides (as buyer) a weapons carry license. Not required by law, usually itā€™s not recorded or paper trailed, just looked over in hand before the transaction, has been my experience.

1 Like

I used to find good deal in Armslist, but not for the past year or so. Seems like itā€™s just as bad as GunBroker lately except you can setup FTF meets.

I canā€™t get myself to pay a fee to send a message to sellers.

1 Like

Would never use it.

1 Like

Why not?

I would never buy a gun I couldnā€™t pick up and examine first. Or have it looked over by a reputable gunsmith. Or itā€™s purpose built by an extremely reputable manufacturer.

1 Like

Most armslist sales are face to face. It might be annoying to the other party if you show up and inspect and say no thanks, but, generally, those using armslist do get to pick up and examine the firearm before they commit to buying it. And IME itā€™s mostly things like used Glocks or what not where probably nobody is going to take it to a gunsmith to look over.

1 Like

Iā€™m older, and have some health issues that make my hands unsteady. So anything I buy goes to my favorite ranges armorer.

1 Like

I never used Armslist. I have a friend who does, though. He says he wonā€™t use any other online sites for firearm selling/purchasing. He doesnā€™t sell to anyone who doesnā€™t show a carry permit. I just donā€™t like to have to pay for a service other sites offer for free. For example, Iā€™ve used Gunbroker, and havenā€™t had any issues. I also go to Gunsinternational, but thatā€™s more just to look at history or the 100,000 dollar items Iā€™ll never own.

1 Like