Armslist

I haven’t been on in a few weeks but I went to get on today an to my surprise Armslist is no longer free to post or contact a seller you must set up an account for a small fee

3 Likes

Yep, a silly move on their part. Why would anyone pay monthly for the privilege of shopping. If is a good website for local sales but if they need the money they should take on advertising and charge fees of sellers like Gunbroker does. I think this will crush them on usage until they come up with a different strategy. I know I’m not really looking in there anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah. Armlist made those changes few weeks ago.

Dear Armslist User,
Welcome to the NEW Armslist.com. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to move forward and take the site in a slightly different direction. Fortunately, despite this, we are working hard to make the site MUCH better for law abiding Americans, and MUCH worse for those that are not law abiding Americans. Scammers have tried to prey upon Armslist users in the past, and while we may not eradicate their presence 100%, we will eradicate the vast majority. People have complained of impolite offers and communications from users with bad manners. That will be nearly eradicated with the new version of the site. And lastly, the financial, emotional, human, and other costs of the never-ending legal assaults on Armslist have made it impossible for us to keep the site free in the way it was in the past. Thank you for your support, and welcome to the new Armslist.com.
Best,
The Armslist Team

Now you have to accept this:

TERMS OF USE
[…]
13. While browsing Armslist remains free, you now have to create a Premium Personal Account to create listings or send messages. This is slightly different than how Armslist worked in the past.

Somehow I’ve always preferred GunBroker…

1 Like

I only need an answer for this statement

1 Like

Don’t ask me :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the copy of info I’ve got from Armlist … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh sure. Denial right off the bat.

2 Likes

Most Armslist sellers realize that buyers will not pay the fee, so they are listing their contact info on the ad.

1 Like

Oh yes, right off the bat.

Do you want me write whole history of the Armslist, or just few words about last weeks when they decided to charge people for Premium Account? :wink:

1 Like

Yes & then post it some meme section where the moderator thinks it’s not funny & posts we should get back on track. Sorry I just think that’s funny in some odd cruel way.

1 Like

@David-65… please… really ? Perhaps it’s time to step back for 24hr, or start writing the post on Facebook…

1 Like

Ok don’t understand, but ok take care

So I apologize… meant no harm or ill will