Yikes! Thoughts?

Biggest problem I see is shot selection and wasted ammo.Just shoot him in the head with the first shot…threat neutralized…no wasted ammo…no further drama.

3 Likes

I think that is a bit overkill. Pun intended

3 Likes

Real life one shot headshots on a moving armed target might not be the easiest thing. All of the training I’ve taken suggest the primary aim point be high center mass

10 Likes

Head neck,and groin are the shots I go for

3 Likes

Just because it looked like he was going to exit the premises doesn’t mean he could not have stopped and continue to be a threat. The reason I make this statement is because in 1985 while I was eating in a McDonalds 4 males came in armed with shotguns and pistols and 1 went to the register and asked the girl to empty out all the registers. As they were exiting to flee the premises one of them came back and cocked the shotgun and asked the girl for some food for him and his accomplices. At the time this place was crowded, and they didn’t even pay attention to the customers in the premises. they got their food and then they left.

6 Likes

At the range I’m seeing in that video…with his back turned.I could make that shot easily.Be more of a challenge if he had a real gun and was facing me.I practice head shots alot.

3 Likes

Fhe reason I said head,neck groin is that the advent of body armor are easily attainable is for the change from center body shots to the above

3 Likes

Be more of a challenge if it was a real gun? That makes it sounds like you’d shoot him in the head knowing he was unarmed

Do you practice headshots on moving targets?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Was referring to what I saw in the video…which is what we were discussing right?I won’t shoot anyone in the back to start with…if I knew they weren’t armed…oh hell no.And yea I shoot moving targets all the time…I’m not trying to start any crap with you.

2 Likes

You won’t shoot anyone in the back, are you okay with a situation like this where the armed citizen shot the guy in the back as he was waiving his gun at other people?

I’m no lawyer but it seems to me there are absolutely times where shooting a person in the back might be the best play available

6 Likes

Okay now I’m in the shooters place.I don’t know if the gun is real or not.If I deemed it that the individual was a imminent threat then yes ide shoot him in the back of the head…once.Once again I’m not trying to start crap with you.

3 Likes

We eat a lot of things that are still alive, especially raw veggies, then there is beer, wine, and cheese, as examples, let alone raw shellfish and other delicacies. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s my targeted area, specifically, the pelvic girdle. It’s packed full of bones for movement and large bore arteries. It’s not covered by body armor usually and even if it is getting shot there would still be a high chance of stopping a threat.

5 Likes

Do you think you could make that shot while having to urinate and defecate in the midst of a sneeze? Just thought I’d ask?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with practicing a five-shot string and stitching the target.

1 Like

Okay now we are just being…won’t feed into this anymore.Im sorry you well trained individuals can’t make a ten foot head shot.

1 Like

Sir, I perceive by the tone of your text as having peaked at a place unintended. As you’ve pontificated, you prefer headshots, ok. I’m not questioning your expertise or proficiency levels. My question centers around varying situations of induced stress. To each their own. I certainly didn’t mean to vex you. It’s all good. Grace and peace.

4 Likes

Pontificated,sir I’m not preaching anything.A room full of civilians being menaced by a thug with a gun.I have a choice,do I fire a mag at the guy,like the guy in the video,or 1 shot stop.I prefer the 1 shot stop.Way less possibility of collateral damage.

3 Likes

Position established, and point taken.

3 Likes