Video on Active Self Protection YouTube channel

Posted for opinions and discussion. I’m not sure if it was posted in the community forum before but I do not recall ever seeing it. This occurred in Baltimore Maryland about 8 months ago.

5 Likes

IMHO this was a clear cut case of self defense and defense of others. Who knows what the perp would have done if that off duty officer was not there. Maybe shot others that may have been good witnesses. Several things that I find questionable is the amount of shots fired by the officer and why move the victim which he shot. I counted 6 shots to the back and then he proceeded to cover the door in case there were other shooters. I like the way John Correa breaks it down. What else does anyone in the community notice?

4 Likes

The unfortunate thing is soon there will be no off duty police,
only on duty civilians! Furthermore, he shot him in the back, whoooaaaa is that off limits? There’s too much convolution about where a perpetrator is shot. This should be defined once and for all! In the video the guy explicitly says “it doesn’t matter where he was shot, but why”. That has never been discussed here!
Scary video, makes me want to become a hermit!
And if I keep avoiding places like the good old barbershop, welllll,

Soon we’re going to have to avoid the grocery store and the mail box!

4 Likes

I got the impression the officer was going to render first aid, or at least check on the real victim! Since he is an officer, it’s his crime scene. He can speak to events with corroborating witnesses.

4 Likes

He shot while the threat remained standing, or am I mistaken?
I think he tried to get to the wounded barber and help him.

Thanks for the video. It seemed like there had been initial 2 seconds when the barber closest to the camera could have reacted… if he paid attention.

4 Likes

Also alvailable here, if you don’t like logging in to YouTube.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/6l1x3cTA5TU9/

5 Likes

The first thing that stood out to me was how cool calm and collected the cop was. He was essentially under fire. The guy shot right next to his head and shot the guy standing within inches of him yet he calmly complied with the perp and moved to a tactically superior position.

5 Likes

I actually like everything the off duty cop did.

1. he stood calm after perp ordered him to move and prepared his tool completely unvisible way
  2. he acted as soon as he got a chance to stop the threat. Even the threat was showing his back, he was still a life-threatening danger for the people
  3. once he saw threat down (I’m pretty sure he noticed that perp’s handgun was not a danger anymore) he immediately looked for other threats, coming from the same direction (in this case the only direction) . We don’t hear the full audio, but he might heard something…
  4. once he didn’t find any other attackers he took care of the perp right away.
  5. I guess he dragged perp away from the first victim to see his condition
  6. he order calling 911 once he felt safe

I don’t know if would do anything other way he did. I’m not sure if I would be able to act so calm and organized like him… :grimacing: Hopefully yes… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Very good eye- opening video Johnnyq60 and Kevin1776, thank you guys for sharing with us. CLEARLY self-defense and defense of others, and quick action from the off-duty officer. Clearing the entry was smart to make sure someone else doesn’t follow thru BUT got to make sure it’s not an innocent person coming in for a haircut. Moving of the body, looks like a reaction to get the shooter off the barber and to secure that shooter since he still was showing some movement which MAY still be a THREAT. WHY? I SAW SOMETHING! Did the OFFICER SECURE THE WEAPON??? Where’s the shooter’s gun? How many shots FIRED? AS long as there are NO MISSES, HE STOPPED THE THREAT! Don’t know what went on for rest of video, but the officer did what he is trained to do. Hopefully things go POSITIVE for him at the investigation. It’s not known if there was BEAF between the shooter and the barber. It appears on the video that the shooter enters, walks straight to the barber shooting him, telling the guy (unknowingly off-duty officer) on the chair to move out the way as the shooter seemingly advances toward the barber on the ground to finish him off not expecting what’s going to happen from BEHIND! BAD, BAD MOVE on the shooter.

2 Likes