Yikes! Thoughts?

12 Likes

2 Likes

ā€œHouston Police want to speak this man, but heā€™s not charged with a crime.ā€

Somehow I donā€™t believe thatā€¦

Thoughts? I think that if criminals knew 95 percent of the population was armed instead of the less than 10% that is actually armed, that we would have a much more polite and crime free society. Do you think he would have tried that same stunt if he thought everyone in the place except one person was carrying?

12 Likes

Interestingā€¦
This story could be written a little differentlyā€¦
ā€œDuring the robbery, unidentified man shot the fleeing robber in the back and took another 5 execution style shots.ā€

Do you think HPD is going to shake his hand and give him a medal?

I agree with @Barry54 . More armed citizens, less chances for such robbery.

8 Likes

That last one might have been higher than the back?

4 Likes

Covered it under ā€œexecution style shotsā€.

6 Likes

If for nothing else, he faces time for leaving the scene of a capital crime. Iā€™m pretty sure no one got a good look at him (and I hope he didnā€™t pay with a credit card).

8 Likes

Scum and thugs need to start fearing good men and women who have done nothing in the face of this tyranny! Times up!
Someone should have lifted the perp up and faced him towards the hero! Then it would have been a good shoot! In those hectic moments itā€™s hard to tell when the threat is stopped! Just because he hit the ground, doesnā€™t mean the threat is over.

ā€œYikesā€ GOOD GUY STOPS BAD GUY ā€œ Thoughts?
With the high price of ammunition, Iā€™m thinking shot placement, front sight, squeeze the trigger, know whatā€™s in front and behind the target. In this case it was the floor and no innocents were harmed by gunfire! Good shoot, as long as he was licensed to carry, not drinking or smoking and was not in a gun free zone. Only mass shooters are allowed in gun free zones!
If we keep letting the bad guy win, there will be no one left to sign up for USCCA membership! No more good guys , no need for lawyers.
Why are we supposed to feel bad for the scum? What? He was ā€œa good boy?ā€

9 Likes
5 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like Robin Hoodā€¦ even the horse is in bad shapeā€¦

Anywayā€¦ His intentions were good, but the action played wronglyā€¦ It shouldnā€™t be a problem for HPD to find this man, Iā€™m very curious about the final verdict.

12 Likes

Yeahā€¦donā€™t do that.

Justā€¦donā€™t do that.

And by that I mean both robbing anybody, and also, shooting a prior-threat that is no longer a threat.

Man isnā€™t charged with a crimeā€¦because they donā€™t know who he isā€¦or isnā€™t charged with a crime yet?

Itā€™s unfortunate the legal system is now looking at the one who stopped a robbery, butā€¦donā€™t do that. Shoot to stop. Not shooting any more after the threat has stopped isnā€™t letting the bad guy win itā€™s, itā€™s stopping the threat as opposed to executing someone

(not to be confused with two shots fired in 0.5 seconds after the gunman turned to possibly run for cover kind of ā€˜no issue thereā€™ situationā€¦this one is clear)

9 Likes

It is worth hearing John Corriea & Neil Weidner comment on the action in this video. In Houston the defender may be OK legally, but in many other large cities with very different prosecuting attorneys he would be in deep kimshee.

6 Likes

I doubt he will be okay in Houston, but weā€™ll see.

7 Likes

I am surprised we have not heard from the family yet. One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three. Reee, Reee, Reeeā€¦:pig:

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to make a couple of assumptions first. Why most of us are here; education and information and insurance for a legal act that required deadly force. If you think youā€™re going to be insured for a situation that you acted wrongly and criminally in you better read the policy.

First observation was there excessive force used. In my opinion yes. Especially the kill shot at the end when the bad guy had his face down. Another assumption at that point would be the bad guy was so debilitated that I could easily have disarmed him.

Another assumption is that it appears the bad guy was in the process of exiting the building. Would I have been drawn and at the ready in the event he turned and brandished his firearm towards the innocence and myself again? Absolutely! But if he continued to exit the building the threat was no longer immediate. I would not have fired out of self-preservation legally. Doesnā€™t matter what I thought about the bad guy or whether I would like to have seen him put down but I would not have fired but only been at the ready to fire in the event I stated earlier he turned toward the Innocence and myself with his firearm. I would not have put the final kill shots in his back or head when he was face down assuming again he was disabled at that point.

Does the video tell the whole story? I donā€™t know but thatā€™s what we have to go on.

6 Likes

I was trying to picture myself in such situationā€¦ and then I noticed the customer sitting below the TV in the upper corner.

Look how calm he / she isā€¦ :scream:
Is a such armed robbery a common in Huston, that people donā€™t give a damn what happens around? :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Oh, theyā€™ll find him. Of course they havenā€™t charged him. They canā€™t charge someone with a crime until after heā€™s identified.

6 Likes
7 Likes

THATā€™s your pig accent? :laughing:

3 Likes

HREEEEE! HREEE! HREEEE! :pig:

3 Likes