Woman fired because "Company Policy" says she's not allowed to have a tool to protect herself

“Nothing is new under the moon”
We don’t have a rent-a-mob at our disposal, nor any way to pressure Lyft executives, or 7/11 executives for that matter, personally. Boycott Lyft? You are going to act against people like that poor woman.
I see no recourse here.

Similar types drive taxis, some of those are independent, too. In places like NYC, medallions are expensive, but there are independents there, too.

1 Like

It’s not that I feel unsafe going into a particular business. I just feel the gun is better off on me than left in an unattended vehicle, regardless of how it is secured

2 Likes

You could say that about any business you boycott whether it’s a bank or a restaurant but at some point you have to take a stand to support what you believe. I refuse to spend my hard earned money supporting a business that is so counter to what I believe.
I often ask myself, what are the businesses doing with the money they make off of me? Could they be donating to the campaign funds of an anti-2A candidate?:man_shrugging:t3: One thing is for certain, if I don’t spend my money there then I don’t have to worry about it.

5 Likes

Just seams to me that it really doesn’t matter where we are. In the house I grew up in, my parents never locked the doors. Cars was always unlocked. No fear, and with the doors unlocked, we felt safe. For most our home is our run to place of safety. A place where a family is loved & they feel safe. But now days we have to lock our door, set alarm, lock windows & sleep with our weapons close by, loaded. We all know the reasons why we do this, is because we know at any minute while we are a sleep things could change from good to bad. My wife & I never feel safe any more.

4 Likes

No matter you have to stay safe. protect yourself no matter where you are. I quit a job for the very reason. Was not allowed to protect yourself or others even if we could stop the crazy person from hurting people as well as our self’s. Even to the point of our death.

2 Likes

You’re not alone. Unless we’re in a particular doorway, the doors are always locked. Cameras are on in/out. Cars are locked in and out of the garage. Keys are hidden. Motorcycles are locked up and keys are hidden. it is sickening. Safes are hidden and locked. I feel like the convict…

3 Likes

I quit a job as well when they put company ahead of common sense safety. I was a travelling salesman and the weather turned bad. I literally couldn’t make it where I was going. The state police closed sections of the road due to ice and snow.

The next afternoon my boss asked why I moved the appointments. When I told him he asked why I did that.

I quit the next morning. One of the very few times I quit without having something else lined up.

2 Likes

I grew up in a trailer park and we did the same thing. We all knew each other and looked out for one another.

I don’t dare do that now.

1 Like

I had a very similar incident. We had a heavy snowstorm and the police closed the roads. They said no one would come to help if a driver got stuck. My wife was technically capable of working from home, but had to go to the office, anyway. The decision was made by a manager living in sunny California. After she got to work, they wouldn’t let her leave because the roads were closed.

She quit after that and had been better off ever since.

3 Likes