Lost and looking for answer

Ok my job (truck driver) says company policy no weapons. Can’t I carry to protect myself.
No law on carrying in commercial vehicles. I’m alone in my truck for better part of day and we all know about rest areas… dangerous…truck stops… side of road…

8 Likes

@Richard688 Welcome. Here is an article in USCCA Concealed Carry Magazine, it may answer some of your questions. :us:

Truckers.pdf (681.6 KB)

8 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Richard688 and you are blessed to be here.

5 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Yes it did a lot… thanks

3 Likes

Your welcome. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for your work as a trucker :us: I worked out in public for years. It amazing the situations you can come across.

3 Likes

Rollon 18 wheeler! :us:

1 Like

I would rather carry and take a chance, than need it and not have it. If no one knows, then no one knows. but if you need and don’t have, then what? I carry in chicago, regardless, for the same reason.

7 Likes

If you are lawfully carrying a weapon, the company policy does not effect your right to carry. However, that does not change you’re employer from making the policy and disciplining someone for violating the policy, including termination.
Like all other things, you need to evaluate the risk you are willing to take and the possible rewards and consequences for doing so.

12 Likes

Welcome to the family @mark587 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Welcome! Feel for you. Your work is essential also. Wish the companies could not impose such policies on employees. Is there any trucking firm which allows it?

You mentioned “rest stops”. Check out the laws on carrying in/at rest stops. As they mentioned here, you weigh the risks,. We’ve heard of “grey-man”, but how bout “invisible”.

CARRY AT ROADSIDE REST AREAS?
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

1 Like

Good information

1 Like

Much respect for what you do. I wish all the fools weaving through traffic knew just what it was like to operate a big rig. Or just how much an average consumer saves each & every year due to Semi Drivers ($800/each in 2012)
My personal feeling is carry always. As has been said in other threads-
You can find another job if you’re alive.
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Etc etc… you get the idea.

2 Likes