Commercial Truck Drivers

People need to be educated on the topic of Commercial Truck Drivers that carry…

3 Likes

Would love to see an article in Concealed Carry…note: I do love our USCCA Concealed Carry magazine…Tim

2 Likes

Maybe @dawn can get it on the schedule…?

1 Like

It’s coming… Sooner rather than later, but I don’t have an exact date yet.

2 Likes

There is part 1 of 3 or 4 in the current Concealed Carry Magazine beginning in page 50 titled “Road Work.”

4 Likes

The important thing for drivers to know is that there are no federal prohibitions against truckers carrying but all state laws still apply.

3 Likes

They put a great article in our magazine

4 Likes

You would be shocked at how many drivers I run across that think you cannot have a firearm in your truck

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of talk about truckers carrying - I’ve heard it for over the 4 years I’ve been at the USCCA. Here is the article in the Concealed Carry Magazine.

Truckers.pdf (681.6 KB)

It’s a PDF so you’ll need a PDF reader to read it. :slight_smile: Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve been driving trucks for over 23 years and I carry daily for my protection and have been trying to educate drivers as I drive my daily route through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama on the laws pertaining to carrying in different states (reciprocity agreement) but that it’s not illegal for you to carry a firearm in a Commercial Vehicle as long as you can legally get a gun and a carry permit.

5 Likes