Detroit DDOT Policy and Guide line against CPL

DDOT( DETROIT DEPARTMENT OF THE PARATRANSIT GUIDE has in it August 18, 2018 adopted Ordinance against CPL holder as it say under The Rider rules of Conduct and Responsibilites as written " Riders are prohibited from carry weapons the statement is a catch 22 against a CPL holder .

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Derek2. Louisville’s public transportation used to ban firearms. I’m not sure if they still do.

2 Likes

IT is Danger too stand at a bus stop and i think that it against Fed and State Michigan law

1 Like

@Derek2 Welcome Derek,
Well here in Chicago the Rules are No Guns on mass transit. But as with anything else Chicago the law doesn’t matter or apply to gang bangers, and the politicians that enable the Bangers. There was a nice woman a few months ago waiting for a bus at her bus stop that did stop an attempted robbery (on herself) who had a concealed carry firearm license that saved the state of Illinois potentially millions of dollars by shooting her robber, She was not changed with the crime of having a gun on her to my knowledge.

3 Likes

You should bring that to Michigan Open Carry’s attention. I’m not sure how it relates to public transportation, but I suspect Michigan’s preemption laws may prohibit them from creating their own policies on firearms. This only applies if DDOT is considered a unit of government. I actually suspect it is.

@Derek2 MOC is actually really good at preemption violations, they’re constantly sending out notices to cease and desist voluntarily or it will be taken to court.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it would be legal if the CCL holder kept the firearm unloaded and encased in order to use public transportation?

1 Like

I’m guessing that question would depend on your locale; what state a person lives. Illinois law is a resounding NO you cannot legally unless you are a gang banger on public transportation for robbing people in which case if you are caught by say noontime and arrested you will be released on an eyebond by noon the next day, you can buy a new gun by 1PM and back robbing people after lunch.

1 Like