Will the USCCA coverage apply

I don’t understand the miscomunication and the vague answers. If im not law enforcement if i am not any kind of agent required to carry a weapon but rioters and looters are attacking me and my family and i use a weapon to defend myself and my family are we covered. This is the reason i purchased this insurance and if not covered then i will cancel immediately as it will do me no good when i am being pulled from a vehicle and beat to death.

3 Likes

The answer given to me was maybe. Which means it will be reviewed like any other self defense shooting by the Crisis Response Team. If you are justified and it is a legal self defense shoot as in you meet ALL the requirements then yes most likely. If there is any dispute about the legality of your self defense the Crisis Response Team Will decide.

Direct response from @Dawn

1 Like

Good to have you on board brother and welcome to our family.

1 Like

Sounds fair, it’s frightening at the amount of people being arrested for defending themselves. I work nights in a bad area and would like to know im supported by my insurance if i need to protect myself.

1 Like

Scroll up 2 replies @Daniel139 that’s as close to an official response as you are getting.

1 Like

@Dawn
I work retail. Mostly nights and in an area with a lot of drug addicts etc.
If it is a life threatening event with me on the clock (not permitted to cc, carry a knife) I would give them what ever meteral things they wanted as they can be replaced. But, God forbid them still be out of control and and trying to:
Shoot.
Cut.
Kidnap.
Sexually assault.
Any person on the property.
And, was using my hand to hand tactics or an improvised weapon:
Broom/mop.
Hammer.
Scissors.
Chair.
Pen.
Cleaning spray/it’s can.
Metal paper towel holder.
Arrasol and a lighter etc.
Will the USCCA Coverage apply? And does anyone have any safety tips to add??

2 Likes

I believe you are covered in all of the above.

The intent of the USCCA Membership legal protection is to help the member with their legal defense when they’ve had a physical self-defense incident with any legal weapon including legal weapons of opportunity.

The caveat about work is applicable when the person is employed as a law enforcement officer or any other position where they are required to carry for work. People in those fields have a different legal protection option from the USCCA.

Does that answer your question, @Proverbs31.10-31? Or am I missing part of the question?

3 Likes

@Dawn
Pretty good. Thank you. So that we know what to stay away from, what are some examples of illegal improvesed weapons? And, do they change from state to state?

2 Likes

That is one of those lovely state-by-state questions. :confused: Sorry @Proverbs31.10-31, there’s no official list for that.

3 Likes

@Dawn
Lol. Nice.
One last question. Any de escalation tips? (From Dawn or anyone, especially those with law enforcement experience.)

@Dawn
Oh, just to clarify. Is hand to hand defense legally considered a weapon.

De-escalation is a lot more than can be covered in a text based forum. Go to YouTube and search the following:
De-escalation
Verbal Judo
Verbal Jiu Jitsu
Verbal Kung Fu

Or any other variations that come to mind. Body language, verbal inflections, speech patterns, and emotional state can all impact how effective or ineffective de-escalation is.
There are no hard and fast rules to de-escalation. It varies case by case, person by person. This is why it’s difficult to train in.

2 Likes

@BRUCE26
Thanks! De escalation training is something I definitely lack. I have never worked for a company or been a part of an group activity that covered this issue well enough.

2 Likes

My last post was supposed to be tag for @Spence

2 Likes

Real question. Is this still legal to wear in my home and would I be covered in the event of a self defense situation in my home. Or is this considered provocative or free speech in the “privacy” of my own home?

I seriously questioned my wearing of this gift from my daughter in my home only!

2 Likes

@Dawn
Small Child Attacked By Dog In Parking Lot - YouTube

This video raised a question. Does out legal insurance apply if we have to defend ourselves against an animal?

2 Likes

The intent of the USCCA membership benefits is to help you protect yourself and your loved ones and we will be there to assist our members with their legal defense if they have to defend their physical self-defense actions.

As every self-defense incident is different, I cannot give you a 100% concrete answer. It comes down to if it’s an act of self-defense.

In the video, it sounds like the man who had to use the knife against the dog wasn’t charged, the dog’s owners were charged.

4 Likes

@Dawn Thank you ma’am!

2 Likes

I guarantee that if rioters go to neighborhoods and we as USCCA members defend ourselves and homes, we will not be covered. Now, you all need to read your home owner insurance policies…they will find their way out of paying any claim caused by insurrection or any other verbiage similar to Section D.

2 Likes