Will the USCCA coverage apply

Am I covered by my USCCA membership if caught in a protest situation while on my job and have to use my weapon to escape.

2 Likes

Not a USCCA rep nor do I play one on TV, nor did I spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express.

Short answer…

Maybe.

4 Likes

@Zavier_D has it right… maybe.

The intent of the USCCA membership is to help responsibly armed Americans learn and train to best defend themselves and their loved ones and provide legal protection for a member(not in the line of duty) when they have to legally defend their physical self-defense actions.

What is your job? Are you required to carry a firearm while you work? Are you required to be in a protest situation? (Off topic: If you’re required to be in a protest situation, we’re all praying for your safety!)

7 Likes

Dawn I deliver concrete and during the Ferguson Mo protest and roit we were allowed to carry on the job if we had the lisence to do so since one of our big jobs was in that area. Now it is the city of St Louis Mo that’s in the target zone we are in the city every day somewhere on a jobs. These big jobs can’t shut down the loss of money is in the thousands per day work must go on. Once again will the USCCA membership cover me if I have to use my weapon to escape the roit situation if they target the job site.

3 Likes

When you say use your weapon how are you using it. Its a good question but honestly I am not sure on that one.

1 Like

I’m sure “maybe” isn’t the answer we want to hear. :ear:

1 Like

DA I’m going to beat them in the head with it
Come on use common sense
How would you be using your weapon in a riot situation

1 Like

@Scott19 Would this be the section in contention?
Section D EXCLUSIONS #6 WAR.
6. War
“Bodily injury” or “property damage”, however caused, arising, directly or indirectly, out of:
(1) War, including undeclared or civil war;
(2) Warlike action by a military force, including action in hindering or defending against an actual or expected attack, by any government, sovereign or other authority using military personnel or other agents; or
(3) Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these.

1 Like

Sounds like that’s only government personel. In my case it would be just hostel civilians

1 Like

Nancy and I are reading it the other way, “or” being the identifier. Guess we will have to wait till someone in the “Know” decides to answer you. Stay safe.

1 Like

I just watched on the news that the city prosecuting attorney didn’t charge any of the violent protesters from Monday night just let them all back out on the streets 4 officers shot but let’s not prosecute any illegal activity

2 Likes

Like that answer. I never looked at it like that…

I was always worried that carrying on the job would put me at my own risk…

Maybe is better than NO!

@Dawn @Scott19 is still waiting for an answer.

Scott19

18h

Dawn I deliver concrete and during the Ferguson Mo protest and roit we were allowed to carry on the job if we had the lisence to do so since one of our big jobs was in that area. Now it is the city of St Louis Mo that’s in the target zone we are in the city every day somewhere on a jobs. These big jobs can’t shut down the loss of money is in the thousands per day work must go on. Once again will the USCCA membership cover me if I have to use my weapon to escape the roit situation if they target the job site.

Does this clause mean we are not covered at all during the rioting and looting? Yes or No.

(3) Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these. Thank you.

1 Like

@BRUCE26, thanks for the tag reminder. I hadn’t seen the response yet. The Tag really helps!

@Scott19, thanks for the explanation!

Will your USCCA Membership be able to assist you? That depends. The fact that you’re carrying while you work does not nullify your USCCA benefits if you’re not required to carry when you work. (Memberships are not for police officers, security guards and the like while they’re on duty.)

The fact that you’re working in an occupation where you’re not required to carry will not change your benefits or how they are applied.

Does that make sense? Or did that muddy the waters? :thinking:

4 Likes

Clear as mud
No I’m just kidding Dawn
As long as I’m not the police which i am not. I did 28 yrs in fire service before switching to concrete job hopfully in another 5 yrs I’ll draw on 2 union pension accounts I’m covered thanks Dawn

3 Likes

Hmm. What about unarmed security? Lets say I’m technically on the clock, having to travel from one sight to another, and get caught up in something not of my own making where I have to use my firearm to defend myself? (Technically, by company policy I’m not even supposed to have a firearm in my vehicle, but times are crazy and i will risk getting fired if it means having the means to make it home to my family.)

4 Likes

I have the same dilemma because I do unarmed security also, but it stays in my vehicle. I wonder about the same things. In my case I’m just going home from here and no other site. :thinking: good question and I believe in my case the USCCA would back me in a legit shoot.

1 Like

One of the perks of working security in the entertainment industry. Sometimes I get to go to our sister sights to work concerts/mma/comedy/etc.

3 Likes

I’d like to ask the question in a different way. If a USCCA member gets caught up in a riot and has to use deadly force to defend their life will USCCA provide the stated coverage for their membership level or are there exclusions for civil unrest, riots, etc.?

1 Like

@Michael7 You will have to tag someone specifically or your question will be “lost”.
This question has been asked 4 times and still no solid answer. ???

2 Likes