USCCA Sued in Federal Court?

I’ve recently started to feel like this guy is a shyster, but I hadn’t heard of this until now. There’s plenty of reason for Delta Defense/USCCA to not make comment until the court room, so I’m not buying into much of what he says. I guess just some reassurance that I’d be covered would be appreciated?

1 Like

I’m going to put 3 things here:

1. He’s someone who used to be part of the USCCA team, and no longer is.
  2. He’s actively promoting a competitive product he’s now associated with right in the middle of the article… and spends most of the space on that.
  3. He’s happily speculating about the situation, having already declared there’s not enough information available to speculate about the situation.

Just sayin’.

21 Likes

Exactly my take on it! Drove me crazy he was like, “we certainly don’t have all the facts, but I can’t recommend USCCA if they did what I’m saying, without any evidence, they might have done.” :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

That wasn’t an article, it was an advertisement. And a fairly sleazy one at that.

It reminds me of an old bit on the Prairie Home Companion show: “Here at Johnson’s Dairy we don’t have arsenic or rat parts in our cottage cheese. We’re not saying the other guys do, but if they don’t, why don’t they come out and say so?”

8 Likes

Follow up article. Looks like she was abusive to the husband and he was seeking a better custody deal.

4 Likes

Right in my own backyard and the first hearing this story…

This is only an hour or so away where this took place…

2 Likes

Thanks for the support everyone!

At this point I cannot comment as we do not publicly comment on matters that are actively being litigated.

9 Likes

Honestly I won’t talk bad about people who cant defend themselves. I’ll just say, I stopped following Branca on social media in 2016 as a result of a conversation we had.

4 Likes

LOL, CCW Safe isn’t insurance either.

Taken from their terms and conditions.

5 Likes

I’ve been a USCCA member since 2014. I just learned of this case a few minutes ago. This is ugly. Who needs a legal plan that’s going to leave you hanging in the middle of criminal proceedings. She was guilty of a crime you say? I have news for you, you’ll never be prosecuted for a crime unless probable cause exists that a crime has been committed and that you are the one who did the deed. I hate start shopping for another plan, but unless USCCA can convince me that they won’t leave me hanging in my darkest hour like they left her hanging, I’m out of here.

They won’t, but they say they will. The only way to find out, is when you need it. I would hate to think ; I call the number and hit star and they belete my account and everything I have said in the community. And they say I don’t know where He are She got that membership card. We have no record of that name.

You both do see the start date for this topic??? We and USCCA are still here. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time >> self defense isn’t a crime ( Yet ) . I’m not planning on doing anything foolish so I think I’ll stay with USCCA for a while.

3 Likes

October 2019 this conversation began.

Commonly I’ll back on my words and become flabbergasted on how arrogant I was…

Sorry guys…

Well Dawn, now that the Kayla Giles case is over with her conviction for murder and the dismissal of her lawsuit against USCCA, I think that USCCA needs to set the record straight on this matter to correct the rumors and misconceptions on social media and in the self-defense community about USCCA unfairly dropping Ms. Giles in the midst of her trial. We USCCA membership deserve the truth about this matter.

7 Likes

Good idea. I’m a Platinum Member, and am about to cancel my membership. Between that, and I saw from another attorney online, stating (correctly, it appears), that if you’re charged with a crime…charged, not convicted, then USCAA will no longer cover you. Well, that’s the whole point of having the insurance is that you’re in a situation where you need legal counsel. Then, what exactly are you paying for? Not much really…?

1 Like

That does not appear to be correct.

1 Like

That’s not correct. USCCA will cover you if you are charged with a crime. However, USCCA will review the facts and circumstances of your case (All self-defense legal plans do the same thing). If it is determined that you planned to murder someone or if you are found guilty of murder or plead guilty to a lessor crime, USCCA will immediately stop paying your legal bills and possibly terminate your membership and recoup the money it paid you. USCCA did cover Ms. Giles and paid out $50,000 for her defense until they discovered that she planned and carried out her ex-husband’s murder and obtained USSCA prepaid self-defense insurance plan under false pretenses—fraud. After that discovery, they immediately stopped all payments of her legal defense and terminated her USCCA membership. USCCA and all other prepaid self-defense insurance plans only cover lawful self-defense actions and not criminal gun activities.

2 Likes

Interesting, there is another lawyer, who resides in Arizona, that stated that exact sentiment. He said, and I’ll quote verbatim:

Blockquote
USCCA specifically tells you, they don’t cover crimes if you’re charged. Let’s talk about the contract here, as I’m looking on page 2, where it says Exclusions, it’s very clear. 'This policy does not apply to, and provides no insurance for ‘Any criminal act…’

So, correct me if I’m wrong, if you’re charged…not convicted, then USCAA won’t cover you. Take for instance Kyle Rittenhouse scenario. He was charged with homicides and reckless endangerment, but was acquitted. I would imagine in a scenario like this if it were someone covered under USCAA they would have been dropped immediately.

That’s not correct. USCCA will cover you if you are charged with a crime. However, USCCA will review the facts and circumstances of your case (All self-defense legal plans do the same thing). If it is determined that you planned to murder someone or if you are found guilty of murder or plead guilty to a lessor crime, USCCA will immediately stop paying your legal bills and possibly terminate your membership and recoup the money it paid you. USCCA did cover Ms. Giles and paid out $50,000 for her defense until they discovered that she planned and carried out her ex-husband’s murder and obtained USSCA prepaid self-defense insurance plan under false pretenses—fraud. After that discovery, they immediately stopped all payments of her legal defense and terminated her USCCA membership. USCCA and all other prepaid self-defense insurance plans only cover lawful self-defense actions and not criminal gun activities.

1 Like