Will the election be affected?

I think if things do settle down there might be a large market of used guns and like you I might be interested. But the problem is the first guns to sell out were 32s, 38s 380s, and some 22s. Homes defense Shotguns went fast as well. Then low end 9mm, 40s and 45s and lastly the big ticket guns. Now there are few if any guns in the stores. Guns shows are starting to look a bit like Woodstock however.

I do think the law and order and safety factor will pull a few Right. Though there are some that believe if the left gets in the riots will stop. I don’t see that happening because the group doing the rioting isn’t looking for the old normal. Therefore I think many in the suburbs are going to keep their weapons and people will fight back. Gun sales and ammo sales tell us the people saw a need and headed to the gun stores. If that need is still fresh in their mind we may have a slightly larger group of gun owners after this election.

4 Likes

/raises hand and waves while saying “Me, Me!”

5 Likes

Me too!! :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

I’m in!

4 Likes

When Biden / Harris ban everything they want on the list & charge $500 for a box of ammo you’ll see what matters!
Best we can hope for us that every Republican will arm lock any anti-gun bill and that the Marxist governors in our states will be dissolved!
The people are responsible for permitting this.
If the leftist think they’ll disarm me then subjugate my Family or I to a socio-communist sympathetic regime where we can’t defend ourselves they better think again!
It will be Hell to pay!
Better hide everything you have and hoarse everything you can buy!

Has anyone thought a bought…that the whole increase in gun purchases is a plot to grab as many guns as possible by anti gun / far left individuals to control as many weapons as possible then be the first ones to turn them in or allow buybacks to progress the anti gun agenda! I’m afraid that many of those new gun owners may have no intention of letting those weapons back into the hands of pro gun people. Just a very scare thought…please tell me I’m just being crazy!

Interesting, but no. I can’t imagine someone paying $500+ for a handgun or $1,000+ for an AR to turn them in for 50 bucks each. Even if soros or the like, fund the initial purchase, it would be a stupid plan, but then again there is a group of people out there that “act stupidly” (remember that quote).

The same sort of thing was thought of when during a presidency back one, it was alleged that the FBI, IRS, etc were buying all the ammo to keep it out of the peoples hands.

1 Like

You’re probably right. A lot of money to throw away. Just frustrated and seeking some semblance of “why”.
Thanks

1 Like

But there were valid concerns… not that the FBI or even the IRS (which has limited policing)… but when the Social Security Administration was purchasing ammunition. No logical reason why.

But, I never really noticed a limited supply at that time.

It isn’t just that the there is the cost of the weapon there is the cost of the ammo. Plus it isn’t just the $500.00 - $1000.00 guns missing from the shelf. That and the 380s and 9mm went first. Then the shotguns, semi auto long gun. Ammo went as you would expect for gun owners. 380, 9mm, .40, 10mm, 45 ACP, 44 mag. 22Lr and 22 mag were some of the last to clear the shelf. This is not the buying habits of anti gun advocates. But it is the buying habits of people wanting to stock up for possible shortages. Looking at the online services it is hard to believe our anti gun opponents would be willing to fork out close to $750.00 for 1000 rounds of 45 acp. Or worse yet $800.00 for 1000 rounds of 5.56. They would never get the money back on ammo. That is my take on it anyway.

2 Likes

It was hard to get 22LR and 22Mag back then. There was a shortage of 45ACP and 7.62 NATO. I just couldn’t see why Social Security or any government agency wanted 22LR.

1 Like