Will the election be affected?

We’ve seen record gun sales thus far this year — almost 26 million through August. Many of those purchasing a gun this year are first-time gun owners. And many of those folks probably never thought they’d be buying a gun.

How do you think purchasing a gun will affect first-time gun owners’ votes this November?

• It won’t affect how they vote
  • It will affect only how they vote for their state representatives
  • It will affect only how they vote for president
  • It will completely affect how they vote

0 voters

Do you think they’ll be of the Molon Labe mentality?

Get your own Molon Labe shirt here!

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering for some time, as it has been reported that gun sales are through the roof, if all these gun purchases are by people who are 2A supporters. I would hope so, but fear that some might be by those who are “peacefully protesting”. Are they just waiting for the order to “take to the streets”?

10 Likes

I believe it will likely affect those willing to learn the laws regarding firearms. When the new owners understand the impact of “gun control” laws on their newly acquired status, it should be enlightening.

7 Likes

I hope all these new gun owners practice responsible gun ownership. I hope they don’t get too political and equate gun ownership with politics, that just takes the joy out of shooting. I would suggest new shooters stay away from politics and work on their firearm competency. Learn everything about the chosen firearm soak up and learn-everything. Dry fire when you cannot get to the range and dry fire often if possible. When you do go to the range enjoy and be happy. :metal: :+1:

7 Likes

For those that bought a firearm because they could read the tea-leaves with “Defund-The-Police”, might sway them a tad bit. Many understand the need to maintain law and order in any society. I think there is so much blind hatred on the left that no matter what “Orange Man Bad!” I hope and pray that folks can see through that fog along with the MSM propaganda and vote to maintain our Constitutional Republic. Venezuela used to be a prosperous, beautiful country.

7 Likes

It already has been.

not sure where I read it, but there was a story about a liberal who wanted a new gun, and thought he could simply order online… when he found out he could not, he was amazed, and went to the gun shop, and then was SHOCKED… SHOCKED I say… when he found out he had to do a background check… and then was angry when he was told he would not be able to purchase a firearm.

They do not know anything other than the propaganda they read.

If they were of the mind to actually research, be informed and knowledgeable, there would not be any concern or headlines on Mark Kelly hiding … HIDING… his anti-gun agenda until he gets elected (or I should say, to help him get elected)… if anyone has any surprise he is anti-gun, they have been under a rock, or are in need of a good proctologist to have their head examined.

Enlightening? Indeed.

9 Likes

I don’t believe the millennial brain has the capacity to evolve. They only know what they have been brainwashed to know. They purchased their new toys because they are scared! Not because of any political agenda. They are still afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome! If those purchases were any indication of a political shift, then all the “peaceful” protests would have been silenced.
For all we know statistically, is that 26 million Trump voters are the ones who made all these purchases.
The status quo, is still brainwashing youngsters that Trump is bad and the United States is a very bad place, they are being taught to be un-American. Un-Americans don’t by guns to uphold the constitution!

11 Likes

@FatsoJoe I agree with you on the training part. It would suck to buy a new firearm, pay for training, pay for a CCW, develop sound firearms handling principles and then be forced to sell your gun to the government because of a Federal mandate for gun confiscation.

6 Likes

No, I think that Trump hating people will be sheeple, and when the crisis passes most will go back to being woke.

6 Likes

It goes back further than Trump. Some liberals I’ve talked to are still bitter about the 2000 election and feel that Bush stealing the election from Gore was the pivotal event that got us to where we are now.

These are former high school and college classmates and it makes me wonder how the same education led to such differing world views. That said, I didn’t really feel like I fit in back in high school so I guess that explains things

7 Likes

Fear is a very powerful thing, afraid of guns, so many guns, mass murderers, assault wepons of war. Yes the lies go on an on. Then one day a new fear. Places, cars burning, looting, police told to back off. You stop & see your wife, mate, child your whole life can be gone in seconds. Yeah that’s real fear. Most of us here know that fear. Just hope those others learn to prepare before it’s too late.

5 Likes

I’m afraid that the lines “may” have been already drawn. Discussions I have had with those I know who are left and many who are for gun control laws/restrictions, are buying guns out of fear. There vote will not change as they are very willing to abandon their guns when that fear subsides. Those that bought new guns but were already more right were going to vote that way any way. A sub question or two would be; “Why are you buying your first gun or more guns?” "Does your purchase mean you are now for and in support of the 2Amendment?
Those who are guided by fear have not always related the fear of ones loss of freedom with a purpose for the 2nd amendment. They just don’t get it.

8 Likes

I have been finding new gun owners as students. They are very attentive and wanting to learn as much as possible. So, There is some hope finding people wanting to get training out there.

5 Likes

Not selling anything not complying. Going to do what I feel to conceal anywhere possible. We don’t have registration here yet, but I see that changing with the Dems preaching they’ll take it all away.
Biden saying he will send O Rourke to create a task force, Harris saying she’d give Congress 100 days before pushing an executive order. Bs
Don’t give anything back, don’t sell anything back, don’t be compliant! That’s not what the nation was founded on.
One thing these politicians don’t get, you infringe on armed law abiding citizens and you’ve created an insurgency. Not by choice either. Any politician attempting to infringe on one Amendment won’t stop at just one! They’ll keep pushing the envelope. Taking tax dollars for reparations not paying that either!
Won’t contribute to anything new in the economy, won’t finance anything, I’ll convince my Wife to stop working since I’m retired anyways, and further more prevent every and any contribution to any effort under such a government. Bare needs met only! I’ll do my part to make them look so slum they’ll beg to change after 3 years!
I’m voting Trump and a straight ticket pro- Republican Ballot in Nov 2020
I’ve seen enough with Portland- Seattle- Chicago- N.Y.- Nj- New Orleans- Austin and now Dallas??? No! Nope!
Straight Outlaw if they win the election! I’ll be looking to se who forms up as well. I will not die enslaved!

5 Likes

The big question is whether they will even consider the fact that the way they vote will have an “huge” impact on what happens to their right to purchase firearms and ammo in the future, to retain the firearm they just purchased and whether they will be able to walk out of their home with that firearm.

Assuming many of the purchases were impulses based on fear, I donut think it will impact their vote.

9 Likes

12 Likes

I don’t think it’s the purchase that will affect their vote. It’s what drove them to the purchase that has already affected their vote. They will be looking at which candidates, President all the way down the ticket, have their safety in mind. Whomever they feel will provide them the best personal defense, is who gets the vote.

8 Likes

@45IPAC - I think you have hit the nail on the head with this post. Thanks.

6 Likes

The problem is… what do they consider the best personal defense?

Disarming all citizens?
Having more government intervention in our homes?

While you may have a valid point, it opens a door to other issues such as definitions on safety… and who actually has responsibility for your safety.

4 Likes

I have three millennial children and they’re no where near what you’re implying, @Scott52. Just like every other group, you cannot judge the entire group by the act of some of that group.

6 Likes