Pandemic Purchases: Did you buy a new gun this weekend?

This weekend saw huge spikes in gun and ammunition sales. I had friends I haven’t talked to in ages reach out and ask what they should buy. There were a lot of long conversations about guns and self-defense with those who hadn’t considered guns a necessity before.

Did you buy or help someone else buy a new gun this weekend?

Are guns being looked at differently since the coronavirus started?

11 Likes

I wish! Lol. As much as I would like to buy another gun (last one was a couple weeks ago), we spent money bolstering supplies.

8 Likes

I just went to buy ammo and was surprised that almost every gun previously for sale was purchased and almost all ammo was purchased. I was just at the range last Wednesday and everything was in stock. Wow!

Fortunately I was able to get ammo :+1::mask:

6 Likes

Nope, Nancy and I have every thing we need. I have been skimming the online sites and seeing
ammo and firearms are low. Perhaps we should have invested in those companies. :wink:

11 Likes

I didn’t, but only because I bought a Glock 43X just two weeks ago.

6 Likes

I could have used this as an excuse to my wife to get another gun :see_no_evil:. Darn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I may actually buy some ammo if I can find it. I know that doesn’t help the ammo shortage, but I’d hate to not be able to get my hands in it within the next few months (I don’t really stock ammo :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I worked with a LOT of people at the range this last weekend and sold a lot of guns. Not that I’m some superstar salesperson, but people wanted to buy. And we went through a lot of ammo.

Do you think the current situation is making people reconsider their view of guns?

16 Likes

Without a doubt. I, the past two days, have had the most substantive carry and firearms conversations with my wife in the 34 years we have been married. I think there is a lot of growing understanding about how we need to protect ourselves and, to a different extent, each other. We can’t do that without tools.

10 Likes

Yes, I see it as a positive from a negative, but then there is the learning curve. :wink:

4 Likes

@OldGnome. Yup. As Col. Cooper said “You can run from evil, but evil isn’t defeated by running from it”. :wink:

5 Likes

NO
and
NO

YES, but still cannot understand why…

2 Likes

Maybe they thought it could never happen to them. They could always go out and get what they need at the store and now their seeing that it can happen to them?

4 Likes

Hmmm… but why pandemic can make people think differently about the firearms?
Should I feel safer having more guns at home? Not me… I’ll be scared if real threat comes… That would be moment people should think differently.

3 Likes

they’re :wink:

2 Likes

I suspect it is not the pandemic but the reaction to it… In IL it is the local governments like Champaign saying they could ban sales of guns and ammo… that always sends people to “get one” before sales get shut down. It is along the same lines as people buying $600 AR-15 for $1,500 thinking Hillary Clinton was going to be elected.

6 Likes

Exactly. The pandemic itself is pretty mild, so far. Governmental and market reaction has been off the charts…according to the public information that has been released. That tells me that there is more left unsaid. What it is, only time will tell.

4 Likes

@Dawn

No new guns, but had a very weird thing happen that put me on edge enough to report it to the police, spend some extra time on range, relegate Glock 30 to backup, made Glock 41 new EDC. Plus I bought enough ammo to completely fill ammo safe. So I could have bought a new pistol instead of ammo.

People are getting weird. Starting to worry if a Just in Time logistical problem happens.

3 Likes

I’m glad people went to the range and worked with y’all. I went to Acadamy today and there was virtually no ammo. I over heard someone saying they wanted a home defense shotgun and Acadamy was out. They were selling a rugar PCC but there was no 9mm on the shelf…

This means lots of people who have not shot or trained now have guns for protection :grimacing:. I’m all for buying guns for self defense, but you need to go to the range… it’s funny how many anti-gun people there are until they feel the need for a little extra protection.

(photo of academy today).

6 Likes

I checked some online sources this AM. 9mm appears to be sparse or non-existent.

5 Likes

Field and Stream stores had pretty good stocks, if you have a local one. They had a clearance on some Winchester .45 basically $10 for a hundred rounds of .45 acp fmj. I bought it all. It’s not really great but I would use it as range ammo

3 Likes