Pandemic Purchases: Did you buy a new gun this weekend?

@Chris3 - that’s my assessment, too, from the looking I did today.

2 Likes

No
No
Yes

I didn’t buy and guns, but I did buy ammo. Yes guns are being viewed differently. No one likes the warriors, until the enemy is at the gate.(got that off a tshirt)

4 Likes

I did not. I am not sure why folks would instead of spending that $ on additional mags to load and the ammo of their choice, so that they could shoot what they were already comfortable with if the SHTF, which is unlikely to happen unless you spend a lot of time at Wally World and bump into someone who enjoys paying for bottled water or is on their last square of TP at home.

4 Likes

I really think a lot of these people are first time gun owners…

3 Likes

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but no. My wife wanted to buy another shotgun and I actually said no…She didn’t understand why I then filled a shopping cart with the price equivalent of ammo…

5 Likes

Ordered another pistol kit from palmetto. Have 3 more 80% lowers we can build.

2 Likes

Because buying new guns is always fun.:hugs::hugs:. But no, I didn’t buy a new one either. I did, however, buy another mag for one of my pistols today. :wink:

4 Likes

Went to a gun show on Saturday.Bought a box of HydroShock in .45acp a knife shief for a 55 year hunting knife,and joined Grass roots N.C. a pro 2A org.Found out later show was shut down under state of emergency law.

3 Likes

Shields are great guns! I bought the gun before I bought my holster. Even brought it to the range in my little M&P box before I had a case. Then you have a gun for the house, BUT I like having a holster on my gun when it’s in the house. CYA holsters are about $30 and they’re great. Not sure you’d find ammo though :grimacing::joy:

4 Likes

I had been weighing options on a AR pistol build but the climate urged me to pull the trigger and order an upper and lower from PSA. It’ll be here wed. I also picked up 250 rounds of ammo for it as it is of a caliber I do not currently own. I have everything for home defense but was lacking some power for the gotta get home bag. 300blk will fill that role nicely.

6 Likes

I’m currently in Kentucky from Wisconsin. I am working pretty hard trying to sell my better 3/4 on an AK purchase. So far, unsuccessful.

3 Likes

Oh! So you’re set then. :+1:

I just looked up p80. Very interesting. I heard about that a few years back, but I didn’t realize it progressed this far.

3 Likes

Yes,
I new custom made AR with thermal.

3 Likes

I WISH I had the money for a new gun :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

The ones I talked to were. They’d shot guns before, but never expected to buy one.

I’ve heard stories from other gun retailers that they’ve had a lot of people who don’t know anything about guns trying to buy guns…

5 Likes

I did not have a need to go and buy more. I have a policy that if I shoot 50 rounds of range ammo I buy 100 to replace that.

Now even some gun and ammo places are price gouging. Someone posted a screen shot yesterday of CTD gouging almost $1 per 9mm bullet.

4 Likes

I bought a Mossberg 6.5mm or .264 caliber Creedmore Rifle. Its weight is around 8.5 lbs. and
I installed a muzzle break that cost about $105.00. The cost of good rifle is not bad these days
to test and learn. I also love the science on how it works and can be safely trained with.

I just fell in love with my Glock 30 Gen 4, .45 ACP all over again, but it is better to Honor, Cherish, and Love a Great Woman. PRICELESS !!!

5 Likes

I bought my Sig P365 about six weeks ago. You know, before the insanity. Sigh, those were the days. Those carefree times. We were all so innocent then. Sigh

8 Likes

I’ve kind of changed my take on this. It was shocking to see the ammo all sold BUT I’m glad people are buying guns. I think most people who have gone skeet shooting and have learned basic firearm safety will be fine with a basic shotgun. This could be good for the gun community, However, I am concerned for those who intended to by a shotgun, but were forced into another platform they are not familiar with (Im sure someone unfamiliar with firearms walked out of the store with a 45 because that’s all that was there) I also hope they educate themselves at least through research. It would be awful for unintentional injury or death due to poor uneducated choices.

I hope the media goes over all the ammo sold. I want all the people considering criminal activity to hear about all the guns and ammo being sold :smirk:.

4 Likes

I have contacted my dealer to add a Glock 19 MOS to my inventory. The BOSS gave me approval this morning!

11 Likes