Why People Are Panic-Purchasing Guns

20 Likes

Never let a crisis go to waste, right? The perfect excuse to convince that reluctant spouse you need just one more gun!

Leave it to liberals to question the motives of our purchases. At then end of the day, itā€™s nunya. Nunya business. Iā€™ve got money, the stores are selling a legal product. Whether Iā€™m purchasing because of panic, pleasure, legitimate need, illegitimate need, itā€™s simply nobodyā€™s business. Love Noir, his message is essential.

9 Likes

Buying a gun and looking for ammo in the middle of a pandemic is like buying a fire extinguisher only when your house is on fire. Again, for many people it seems that self defense is not a priority untilā€¦itā€™s a necessity! Also owning the gun does not make you safe or competentā€¦training and practice does. To do that you need time.

5 Likes

F.F.T., great post. Iā€™ve planned ahead, trained, and am not one of these last-minute shoppers. IF theyā€™re first-time owners, they wonā€™t be competent. I would argue the same if theyā€™re experienced yet itā€™s a new gun.

However itā€™s a win when people realize they have Second Amendment rights, even if it is horrible timing!

4 Likes

I guess my fear is that after we get through this, all those untrained uneducated liberals now own guns, now weā€™re talking the Wild West.
At least we are trained some formally some informally and we are way more responsible because itā€™s been in our blood since we were born.
My next get rich quick scheme should be training all the newly armed liberals. The first 100 to sign up gets a free roll of premium toilet paper.

6 Likes

Scott, we were all untrained at some point. The Second Amendment applies to all of us, liberal and conservative. I share your concerns. Maybe it will be a bridge to more open discussions, training?

Be careful not to accept Igor Volskyā€™s premise at face value. Heā€™s insinuating that all of these purchasers are first-time gun owners, have never shot a gun, and have no right buying guns. The insinuation is also there that theyā€™re all liberals who have never owned a gun. We simply donā€™t know anything about them, other than the fact their timing for these purchases is horrible!

6 Likes

Paul1 Yes your right. Agreed!

1 Like

Only time will tell if they are with us or against us. If they are with us, trained or untrained, every house bill, senate bill that goes against the 2A should die as quickly as it was written, and our side should be that much stronger.

6 Likes

My concern would be that folks with guns and no training are apt to not exercise the caution an experienced person would- and in the middle of a pandemic with an ammo shortage the odds of them getting any training are somewhere between slim and none. Iā€™d frankly love it if the liberals were to wake up and realize that having a weapon is a ā€œgood thingā€, maybe then theyā€™d stop trying to take oursā€¦

2 Likes

The nation & world are on the verge of a shift. I believe that most people are panic purchasing but others, like myself, are carrying out plans. Thereā€™s no way to truly know & we canā€™t expect the truth from the MSM. I suspect there are some that are realizing that the Democrats have been lying to them & want to protect themselves from the crimes that are likely to occur. But, to those of the FAITHā€¦KEEP PRAYING & STAY VIGILANT! OUR REDEEMER LIVES! :v:t5:

1 Like

I wonder if USCCA memberships (or similar services/competitors) have also increased in correlation with panic buying sales? I really hope it did since that means that they have at least given some extra thought in what happens if they end up using their new tools.

It would be interesting if Tim Schmidt mentions any of these metrics in a webinar someday.

2 Likes

As a gun collectorā€¦I am just swooning with anticipation!

I can hardly wait for Christmas 2020 as that will be about the time all of these 1st time gun buyers are broke, desperately in need of Christmas money and will be selling all of these ā€œPanic-Boughtā€ firearms and their ammo because it is something they then will think that they never will need!

I foresee Colts, Glocks, S&Ws, Rugers and Kimbers at $100-$150 a pieceā€¦STILL UNUSED, NEW IN THE BOX! And the corresponding ammo at $5 a box of 50!

It WILL BE Heaven for those of us who collect all types, styles and caliber of firearms!

I will even set up a ā€œBuy Backā€ stand about a block away from where the Police set theirs up. And while Iā€™m handing out Starbucks and Netflix Gift Cardsā€¦Iā€™ll beat the Police 10 to 1 on first choice of buying cheap brand new firearms!
:rofl::sweat_smile::laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::grin::joy::laughing::sweat_smile::rofl:

One word removed as it was not caught by the language filter. Sorry. ~Dawn

3 Likes

I love these videos. He is right. The people buying NOW are the ones that became fearful when this crisis set it. I would imagine that more ammunition is being sold because, lets face it, we arentā€™ working may as well go out back and shoot the guns!! HAHAHAHAHA! I am fortunate that I have a bit of ammunition so I donā€™t have a need to go buy any right now, but I imagine that there are quite a few who may not. I donā€™t know why there would be a worry about background checks, those folks are the LEGAL purchasers! LMAO!

2 Likes

Dwayne, I believe that most of these ā€œpanic buyersā€ have at the least a rudimentary knowledge of what they are buying and a respect for what impulsive actions with one might involve and cause. Just like someone who has never used a chainsaw but suddenly has a need for one to clean up their property after a really bad storm. They will at the very least read up on their usage and safe handling.

Those few who do not will most likely be too terrified of the tool that they will follow the brilliant guidance of their ā€œwise, all knowing, expert leadershipā€ and will carefully keep it safely unloaded, inaccessible, separate from any magazines and ammo (if they even think to buy ammo and ammo of the correct caliber because, after all ammo is ammo isnā€™t it?) and disassembled (so they can test their re-assembling capability and speed under pressure).

After this is over those who read up on use of the weapon and who actually went to ranges to fire it will likely become confirmed Gun owners who realize the lies they have been fed **and those who do not ** will either give them to someone who appreciates them or put them up for sale which has the benefit of offering many of us the opportunity to pick up a firearm we have wanted but couldnā€™t justify the expense for a specific model.

3 Likes

F.F.T.
You are so right. I have actually gone through our house and considered what I am going to do to not let my self be ā€˜withoutā€™ the next time this happens. Got gunsā€¦got ammoā€¦was a little weak on some other items though so, wonā€™t let happen again.

Stay safe everyone

2 Likes

wait I was supposed to tell my spouse? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@James358 Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

Iā€™m leaning toward lots of like new, used firearms for sale in a few months too, and have been from the start of this trend

1 Like

My mrs made this sign for meā€¦i dont know if this fits this topic

2 Likes

Many of these panic buyers are people that hoarded TP. I overhead at least two couples in a store discussing the purchase of a gun, judging as to their conversation it was clear that they were liberal and supported gun control, that is until they felt they needed one. I just shook my head.

1 Like