Will the Community be part of the USCCA app?

Just a curious question - are you guys planning on adding the Community to the app, so that we can chat on the go?

2 Likes

Probably. Possibly. Maybe. Kinda? There are a lot of moving pieces right now and I’m not sure how the community will land in the app.

I do check into the Community from my iPhone (sometimes too much according to my kids). I’ve got it bookmarked in Chrome and use the Chrome app on my phone. All of my bookmarks go with my google login.

The other thing you can do for now is to email yourself the link to the Community (or go to the original invite from me that has the link) from your phone email/social media platform and click on it there. Just be sure to bookmark it so it’s easy to get too.

You’ll definitely hear about it when we’ve got the Community in the app! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is what it looks like on my phone… yours will be slightly different (your picture in the upper right corner :rofl:)

Just a thought. Always nice to have it optimized within the app versus a browser.

1 Like

Keep those thoughts coming, @7w34k! Some we have probably thought of already, but haven’t gotten to yet - others we may not have thought of yet! Suggestions are always welcome!

Be sure to check out the thread has other suggestions in - it may spark your creative juices: Community Suggestions - From YOU!

Glad to have you here!

1 Like

How’s that “get your free gun” button coming along? :rofl: :star_struck:

5 Likes

I’m currently testing it out, but it doesn’t seem to work yet :rofl:

2 Likes

@Dawn
If you need help with Alpha or Beta testing I am sure there are a number of us that would be glad to help out. No one can break something as well as an end user trying to do something no one really thought about (my experience about this comes from beta testing many expansion packs of World of Warcraft).

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer, @DBrogue! I will definitely keep that in mind!

Anyone else interested in helping test when we finally get to that point (no idea when it will be - could be months, could be years years)?

3 Likes

@Dawn I’m in for testing! Software Test is part of how I make my living (got a team of 12 SW test engineers working for me right now :smiley: ) so say the word and I’m on it.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea!
Absolutely! Positively!

3 Likes

Pick me, pick me! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

I’m also happy to test. I did a whole lot of web programming (paid) in a past life.

2 Likes

Fantasimal idea!!!

1 Like

Another option for staying connected while mobile is to use the Discourse app. Here’s the iPhone App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/discourse-hub/id1173672076

This community site is built on the Discourse platform. The mobile app functions very comparably to the website when viewing with a mobile browser. It will give you push notifications though! I’m using it right now…

I’d love to see the community integrated directly with our mobile app.

2 Likes