USCCA Community App

What are the chances of a new USCCA Community app for smartphones? It would be much more easier to navigate around then mobile web page.

3 Likes

It won’t be for a while yet. Our app guy is in the office talking about the USCCA App right now. :slight_smile:

I use Chrome on my iPhone and keep a tab with the Community open. It seems to work pretty well that way for me.

As soon as we have movement that way, I’ll let you all know!

6 Likes

Safari for me @Dawn works fine

3 Likes

I have a Moto6 on a driod platform and it works fine for me.

2 Likes

I also put a shortcut on the desktop specifically to that Web page in Chrome. And that does work as well as get me there quicker.
An app might be nice, but not sure what additional features I’d want.

1 Like

duckduckgo browser does the same and doesnt monitor your searches to feed zuckerbergs advertising monstrosity

5 Likes

Yeah… tech change… [sigh] I need to do that.

1 Like

I like the idea of adding it to the app but I can usually navigate fine using safari.

3 Likes

I am so confused. Fairly easy to do. But I am using a smartphone app called USCCA Community right this moment… not a browser. What am I missing here? Attached is a screen shot from my smartphone. This is an app, not a shortcut.

I am not sure where you got that app, @TexasEskimo as we don’t have a Community app. I just looked at the Apple app store and there’s nothing like it there. Are you on an android?

1 Like

Dawn, I don’t remember where I got my Community Application, but have been using it on an Android for about as long as I have been on here. I looked in the Playstore but could not find it. Maybe it was a pop-up for a Beta test?

BTW, mine goes straight to the USCCA Community: 2nd button on @TexasEskimo display.

2 Likes

Yes. Samsung S8.

1 Like

That is so strange, because we haven’t started working on a separate app for the Community yet. Are you using the Discourse App? (Discourse is the platform we’re using for the Community.)

1 Like

Under settings in “App info” my phone says:

App downloaded from Samsung Internet/Version 2

1 Like

Mine is… Version 7

1 Like

@Dawn While I have you… does my butt make my Glock look big? :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL! A holster would make your Glock look better :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

That Texas Open Carry darlin’.

3 Likes

Don’t know where this thread is going but found this in the Playstore:

2 Likes

That’s our USCCA App - I definitely suggest downloading it and logging in. It will let you know if you cross state lines and what the other state’s carry laws are - along with a lot of other information!

1 Like