Mobile App Any Time Soon?

Will USCCA Community be developed into an app anytime soon? Seems like there would be much more interaction and use if that were an option as well. I know I would certainly be a lot more involved if I could interact via a mobile app. Or will Community be integrated into the USCCA app?

13 Likes

It’s not in the immediate plans, yet. Check out this thread for an easy way to get to the Community on your phone:

5 Likes

I saw the app and downloaded it on my Android phone but I can’t get it on an iPhone

1 Like

I’ve got a bookmark on my iPhone home page that I click and it opens Safari right to the Community for me. I think there’s an explanation of how to do that in the thread referenced above.

2 Likes

I’m on DiscourseHub on my iPhone right now…
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/discourse-hub/id1173672076

1 Like

I just tried it on my iPhone 7 couldn’t find the USCCA app

Are you talking about the USCCA app or the Community app? There isn’t an app for the Community at this point

1 Like

Hey Dawn it may have been something they we’re working on but I downloaded this on my Android phone Samsung.

Hopefully you can see it.

1 Like

Were you in the Discourse app? (That’s the platform we use for the Community.) Or did you have it bookmarked that way? I can guarantee we have never had a dedicated USCCA Community app. :thinking:

3 Likes

One day I was using the Android and it asked me to download the app so I did. But I can’t do it on my iPhone it’s weird. Truthfully I don’t know how it happened but I don’t know what the discourse app was either.

1 Like

follow link in my post above to the app store, it will have you download Discourse Hub… for the site, put in community.usconcealedcarry.com and your login info to here.

EDIT: here’s an App Store screenshot so you download the right thing, in case link above doesn’t work:

3 Likes

That’s the way I do it

2 Likes

There isn’t already?

2 Likes

I have the uscca app and community as an app as well on Samsung

3 Likes

I can’t seem to start a new topic so I’m posting a suggestion here.

Can a spell checker be added to the forum? Some of these posts look like they barely made it through the Klingon to Thai to PAC-(wo)MAN to English translator (including my terrible typing!). lol It would make the forum much easier to read if it approached the Queen’s English.

Also, if the AI could read for things like “I agree” or “yes” or some other jewels of wisdom, and prompt people to change it to a “like” buttton instead, we’d cut down on a big percentage of forum posts…and corresponding notification e-mails.

3 Likes

Let me look into that @Brad… I use Grammarly (and it shows when I don’t!) in my Chrome browser. I’ll see if there’s a spell checker add-on for the platform.

3 Likes

All my guns are locked up. Safe or trigger lock. Handguns are in a quick release safe.

Just did this on my iPhone. Easy as easy can be.

2 Likes