Why the USPS is always broke

After 14 months and 2 weeks, it looks like my silencers will be arriving Monday via the mail. SilencerCentral.com purchases and method. It’s been so long I spent over an hour looking for the adapter I bought 14 months ago to put the .308 can on a 5.56 gun if I want to…but that’s another story.
Anyways, the FFL SilencerCentral shipped to is about a 20 minutes drive away, and USPS tracking showed they had shipped the can this afternoon, I assumed to my local post office or maybe the big one in the city about 15 minutes away…no, that would make too much sense. The cans are now one state north,where I imagine some trucker making double time will now bring them to the city 15 minutes away, and another will drop them off at the local post office. What could have been a 20 minutes trip will take these geniuses about 4 hours driving and 3 cycles sorting instead of 1. (Update: the 15 minute trip from FFL to neighboring city ended up being 16 hours :smile:)
Make sure you pay your taxes.

5 Likes

In 1989 I applied for a position in the USPS, the response came via USPS ( wait for it, wait for it…no pun of course ) in 1997. I’m still waiting to reply!

6 Likes

Crap service in my area as well, but keep jackin those stamp prices up! I know a couple retirees that got out just in time. They were starting to pull benefits and just replacing retirees with part time staff instead of certified postmasters/postmistresses.

4 Likes

I took a summer job with the USPS in my youth. The regulars hated the part timers. They used to throw my mail pieces away and I’d get in trouble for it. Humans…the worst.

6 Likes

Decades back, my mailman got arrested for spearfishing in the local reservoir. He was using SCUBA gear and was right at the spillway,so pretty visible…and that’s where folks gathered to feed the fish :laughing:

4 Likes

I replaced 20 dock levelers at a USPS distribution center. We found literally hundreds of pieces under the old dock levelers. Our instructions were to pick it all up, put it in a box and hand it over to the Post Master. When we did I asked him what he was going to do with it? His Response "It’s our responsibility to deliver every piece of mail, we’ll make sure these get delivered. I personally saw stuff postmarked that had been under there over ten years.

6 Likes

I signed up on the USPS site for daily email notifications on what to expect in that days mail. Pretty good feature. Occasionally I’m missing some junk mail. Getting other peoples mail gets a bit old at times however, but I’ll drop it off if they’re fairly close or put the flag on the box up if they’re not

3 Likes