USPS update made me crack up

Ordered some nuts from nuts com. Priority shipping, 2 days…riggggghhhhht! :roll_eyes:
Fwiw, they re-sent my order FedEx and I got it next day, but meanwhile, package #1 is
dGhtCpYZutuso2P3GKWnQnqwhSi
Headed back to Springfield, I guess 9 days there the first time just wasn’t enough. Ironically, this package heads north and was about 4 minutes from my house it’s first day out.
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on October 24, 2022 at 5:54 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Delivered

Out for Delivery

Preparing for Delivery

Moving Through Network

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 24, 2022, 5:54 pm

In Transit to Next Facility

October 23, 2022

Departed USPS Regional Facility

ALBANY NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 22, 2022, 11:00 pm

ALBANY NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 22, 2022, 4:44 pm

October 21, 2022, 12:09 am

October 12, 2022, 12:50 pm

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 12, 2022, 7:47 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 12, 2022, 12:53 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

CRANFORD, NJ 07016

October 11, 2022, 11:38 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

CRANFORD, NJ 07016

October 11, 2022, 3:41 am

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

October 11, 2022

9 Likes

Man that package was traveling brother @mattm. I have had a lot of problems here in VA with packages not being delivered on time by USPS. Good luck with that.

7 Likes

Sounds like a lot of “nuts” working for the USPS. :rofl:

7 Likes

I have also had that problem with USPS

7 Likes

Yeah, had another order divided into thirds. UPS delivered 2 packages direct, and dropped the third off at the local post office. 4 days and 2 miles to get that one.

6 Likes

You had asked for it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
USPS drove you (your) nuts… :wink:

7 Likes

Do you earn frequent driver miles? The new job pool is drawn from the shallow end.
Some of them are going to end up as faux doctors, lawyers and teachers. Soon, unfortunately, law enforcement, worse in the military!

7 Likes

Government efficiency at it’s best !

7 Likes

We need to send them nuts!

3 Likes

Oooohh, be sure to carefully inspect that package. Stay healthy.

4 Likes

That is rough. I guess USPS decided on the scenic route for your package. Give those nuts some time to cool off.

4 Likes

A few years ago, we found out that heart attacks without prior symptoms runs in my family, which resulted in a flurry of cardiologist visits. On my scan, the doctor thought he saw something and wanted to do an angiogram.

After my angiogram, I had to be careful to not stress the incision at all, so I used a cane. I figured that I might as well obtain a cane I liked, so I found a cane with a carved dinosaur head.

I didn’t realize it, but my cane came from Ukraine. The Ukranian cane company shipped my cane within a couple days of my order. German customs stopped it and held it for three days, then shipped it off to Belgium. Belgian customs stopped it and held it for a few days, then flew it to Texas. In Texas, American customs stopped my Ukranian dinosaur cane and held it a few more days, then shipped it on to New Mexico.

On the last day I needed to be careful for my incision, I came home from work and checked my mailbox. Nothing was there. I went on home and put the cane I had been using up in the closet, then pulled up my email to see what was going on. USPS had given me an email saying that my cane had been delivered to a city with the same name, but in Texas. I walked back down to the mailbox, and there was my cane. It had been shoved into the mailbox haphazardly sometime between my checking the mailbox and getting home.

There was also the time we got a letter from New York City to a lady in Hong Kong China. The only similarity between my address and hers was the street number and the initials of the street name. How did it end up in small town New Mexico when it was supposed to go to Hong Kong? I have no idea. Apparently zip codes don’t actually mean anything.

6 Likes

Government efficiency at its best.

5 Likes

My zip code in CT is the same as one in S.Korea. Fortunately I don’t live on a Pyongyang Blvd. or anything close.
Ebay was sending me car parts for awhile, odd little sheet metal stampings, obviously going to a restoration project, a distributor for something real old…and a folding “deer hunting” chair. Ebay laughed and told me to keep the stuff. I ordered hiking boots online, got a pair of clear acrylic high heel stripper shoes instead, addressed to an obvious stage name of a woman in New Orleans.

5 Likes

Did they fit, or did you have to return them, too? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Wife wanted them bad, but no Cinderella story here :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Update…got the shipping label cut off the box and an apology letter,filing a claim requires some definite hoop jumping…but, fyi… USPS CARES :clown_face:

5 Likes

5 Likes

@mattm that beats my story easily.
I had a package (power supply from a fellow radio hobby member) coming to SC from Virginia. I watched it move through the tracking system. It moved flawlessly and speedily down to Greenville, SC, the last stop before coming to my small local PO for delivery the next day. I awakened (not woke) to the tracking showing the package header for Queens, NY.
I questioned our local postmaster who assured me (basically called me a liar) the package was not diverted to NY…even though the tracking showed it was. The tracking also showed expected delivery THAT SAME DAY. I watched the package track to NY and back down to Greenville where THIS time it ended up being delivered to my local PO.
When I went to the office for pick up, the postmaster still argued with me that the package had not gone to NY and back.
That argument was observed by PO employees, and the postmaster is no longer at our local office.
I know mistakes happen, and though I really needed that power supply for an event, it wasn’t earth shattering.
The postmaster lying and trying to cover up a sort of comical error is what was the most annoying.
BTW USPS is usually my preferred carrier and has fewest delivery problems.

3 Likes

Seriously, why lie? Doubt if the local p.o. was responsible for the routing.
Years, heck, decades ago I ordered a stainless barbecue for my sailboat,it hangs on the stern rail, real nice unit. Made in British Columbia, west coast of Canada, headed for the Northeast US.I tracked it,watched it progress across the US,got to NY,one state away…and headed back west. Fortunately I managed to contact someone who didn’t pass the buck, and by Ohio, it about faced and made it to me.

5 Likes