Who says the Lever Gun is obsolete

Silly Rabbit, Lever Guns are fun. Some seriously cool upgrades. :+1:

8 Likes

Henry makes a lever-action .410 shotgun, also.

5 Likes

I bet those would be fun to hunt small game with. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m thinking SD with new ammo like Hornady’s - this might be a kick-ass shotgun for a woman, rather than wrestle a 12- or 20-gauge.

3 Likes

I am thinking Chuck Connors The Rifleman.

9 Likes

I’m thinking Jerry Miculek on YouTube :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I used to own a Henry rimfire but kids grew up too fast, I found no more need for it. Sold it and the Single Six.

1 Like

Some of those cowboy action shooters slick up the internals of their lever actions that are chambered for lower powered versions of shorter cartridges like the 44-40:

6 Likes

Wow, he’s faster then the Rifleman. :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

If I was to carry a Lever Rifle I thought of a .44 mag with a pistol to match. :thinking:

6 Likes

I have a Henrys .22 and a Winchester Model 94, 30-30 I absolutely love these guns. I have been thinking of a .357 lever action to go with my .357 magnum Smith and Wesson.

5 Likes

I have the Henry .357 to match my handguns. Absolutely love the Henry, and love buying one caliber for everything.

5 Likes

Absolutely. :+1:

3 Likes

I watch SASS , Folks watch some of those Ladies and Men work those lever guns. Obsolete! I don’t think so. :us:

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I have a lever in .38/.357, .45 Colt, 38-55 and plan on getting a Henry in .44/.44 Mag soon. They are fun to shoot.

3 Likes

Been hinting to my hubby that the Henry .410 shotgun would be perfect for me instead of the Rock Island 12 ga. I currently own. The RI is an awesome pump shotgun with that lovely and intimidating pump sound. Racks smooth as butter. However, I crushed my shoulder in an accident a few years ago and can really feel the 12 ga. and not in a good way. The lever action Henry would be great for home defense, too.

8 Likes

Same here, but I get lighter loads for the revolver. It’s a Ruger LCR, with an oversized Hogue grip. I also shoot 110 grain rounds in it to help control the recoil. Whereas I get 150 grain or more for the Henry.

2 Likes

Don’t blame you with the LCR. I carry a heavier steel revolver and keep the same 158gn rounds in both.

Samuel C. Hogue,
at your service.
(208)610-6664

2 Likes

Obsolete? I wouldn’t want to get shot by one.

2 Likes

Time to play the “If you really love me” card?

2 Likes