Who owns what firearm manufacturer?

Not sure if anyone else wonders about this; but I would love to know exactly who owns and/or manages all of our firearm manufacturers, ammo companies and reloading suppliers. In light of several recent threads, I am very curious to know not only is it American made but American run? At one time I was told that S&W was owned by a French Company which was in part what led to them installing safety locks on their revolvers. Don’t really know for sure, anyone else have thoughts or concerns?

3 Likes

Hope you don’t mind, I tweaked the title of your thread just a bit to better fit your opening post, @Jerry1! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Dawn, thanks that is better. Hope this is an OK post?

4 Likes

Definitely an interesting topic for the Community. I don’t think we’ve talked about it before.

4 Likes

I think of it as “Consumer Self-defense”. :thinking:

3 Likes

There is a bunch of firearm companies that got bought out and lumped together . DPMS, Bushmaster, Stag and a few others. Its like a holding company. I cant recall the name

4 Likes

At one time a few years back it was claimed that Soros owned 5 different gun/ammo manufacturers

2 Likes

Do you know is Soros a US based company? Any political agendas which are pro / con for our 2nd Amendment rights and gun rights? (Added gun safeties or smart gun technology, etc)

2 Likes

I personally never checked up on Soros to see how true this was, but it was a news item back then.

2 Likes

Big news of the past 10 days was *Remington’s business being distributed to multiple bidders.
I’m particularly interested in Ruger’s acquisition of the Marlin firearms business.

4 Likes

Now I’m curious about Sturm Ruger, Are they a stand alone US Company or a subsidiary of a bigger corporation?

2 Likes

James, I have researched Soros and now his Son is with him and helping him, secretly! All he wants to do is destroy America. I have seen some of his quotes I’ve researched and interviews with him! PLEASE WATCH 15 MIN that tells all about him. Plus near the end that man that talks is full of it about Soros! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyzdknqz6E

1 Like

I think it gets more complicated when it comes to publicy traded companies. For example, according to CNN (from 2018), BlackRock and Vanguard owned almost 30% of Ruger (stockholders). Smith and Wesson recently (2020) split back into a firearms company from it’s parent company American Outdoor Brands, Inc. Personally, I think it was a move relative to new rulings related to law suits.

I think a simple google search, or even Wiki could give a more historical perspective on how often ownership changed hands… Colt comes to mind.

You might also do some digging into groups and politicians the companies donate to… That’s what raised eyebrows amongst Benchmade’s customers. You could do a little digging on this site (here’s a page with some S&W info): https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.php?cmte=C00419051&cycle=2016

3 Likes

I believe Sturm Ruger is stand alone. I’m wound up about them buying Marlin, in a good way. I’ve already been emailing and asking in social media, for a lever action in .480 Ruger. Also been asking for combo sets like a GP100/Marlin combo. Or Super Redhawk/1895 set. I have the 2 best selling semiautomatic .22 rifles, the 10/22 and a Marlin 60/795. Need to expand the family.

5 Likes

I really hope the model 39 comes back! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Scotty, thanks and I agree many factors go into these trades and buy outs. It’s a shame we need to pay attention to these things, but this is where insidious changes can slide into society. Stay vigilant my friends.

1 Like