Who else feels like “naked” when they are not carrying?

Since I have been carrying concealed I have noticed when I do not carry my pistol I feel like “naked” without it being in my waistband in the appendix position. I’m wondering who else feels like “naked” when they are not carrying for anything reason?

30 Likes

I definitely do. When I started carrying regularly I was even wearing my handgun when I was in the house. My wife thought that was kind of weird but she got used to it. Now I don’t even notice when I’m wearing it but I do when I’m not.

15 Likes

Yeah, I do. There are times when I have to go someplace where I am not allowed to carry. I hate those visits.

16 Likes

It seems so strange not to be carrying, and I even carry in the house.

11 Likes

I don’t feel naked.
I’m carrying the tool when it’s needed and it’s not needed 24/7.
I’m trying to behave the same way with and without carrying, treating EDC as additional tool for the safety.

7 Likes

This is pretty much how I was thinking.

It reminds me of the signs back when I used to Ski. “Be aware, Ski with care”. You should always be aware, carrying or not.

8 Likes

Same thing when I forget my watch.

8 Likes

Not only do I feel naked, but if in a situation where I have to go for my weapon and it’s not there it feels scary to grab at an empty holster!
The only time my weapon is not on my side are doctor visits, jury duty and sleeping.

8 Likes

Totally get this. We go to the theatre iand can’t wear our guns.

It’s nice to feel unbothered but also uneasy.

3 Likes

Naked for sure.

4 Likes

What kind of safe would you use to ensure the backup gun was secure since it would be in your vehicle permanently?

3 Likes

I thought I was crazy. I try to respect private businesses and their right to choose. It’s an awkward feeling & I want to rid myself of it. I don’t want to be like that- trusting a tool more than I trust THE MOST HIGH GOD. :thinking:
Psalm 127 (1-2) :loudspeaker::v:t5:

3 Likes

Always carry, 24/7. Have had attempted robbery twice. One in a Walmart lot and at home. Scary but trained. You never know. Doug

5 Likes

That’s the thing, the last thought you ever want to go thru your mind is “if I only had my gun”

5 Likes

To me, not carrying is like driving without a seat belt. It just feels unsafe. I don’t need a light blinking and chiming at me to remind me of the belt, and I can almost hear the warning bell when I have had to go in to the clinic or hospital, etc.

8 Likes

I agree, I feel naked, and ill at ease when not carrying. I am not looking forward to this weekend as my wife wants to go to Minneapolis, and Minnesota does not honor my state’s permit. What to do, what to do?

1 Like

If possible, I vote with my wallet. I don’t spend money or time anywhere that isn’t good with the 2A.

9 Likes

Exactly how I feel too.

1 Like

Absolutely. Wherever possible.

7 Likes

I carry everywhere I can. I’m going to the chiropractor this afternoon (long story on why I have to go) and he is also a chiro for a lot of people at the USCCA Headquarters. So normally, I leave my firearm on the desk in the room with my purse, but not in my purse. And I answer a lot of gun questions - the chiropractor is very interested in firearms and loves our company.

Today there’s a fill-in chiropractor so I’ll be putting my firearm away and covering it with my jacket as well.

6 Likes