Which one model firearm did you sell, but wish you still had?

Which firearm do you most regret having sold? Among all of those you sold, which is the one you wish you still had today? Perhaps of sentimental value.

Perhaps you needed the money or opted to replace it with a different model.

I sold mine mainly because I found another model which I was more accurate with and could use the money. But I miss it, for its look, and feel — it seemed of high and solid quality.

Sold a few off, but my regret was a .38 special Colt Night Cobra, made in the USA, before Colt was purchased. It was all black steel with a non stick black grip, bobbed/stubbed hammer, 6 rounder, with a white night glow florescent front sight. It felt well balanced, and the trigger was smooth.

Which was yours?

6 Likes

Nice Colt. Can’t say I’ve ever sold any of my firearms, and still have them. I’m thinking of looking into the S&W 317 Air Lite 22LR 8rd Revolver, or S&W 43c 22LR 8rd Revolver.

2 Likes

I had a “we the people” finish Sig 938.

Not my exact gun (stock photos)

Sold it to my buddy who is former Navy.

I full blown regret selling it.

It was a great shooter and I LOVED the finish!

Haven’t seen one in person since….

5 Likes

None overly so.

If I could pick one sold/traded gun to have rather than not, an M1 Garand from the CMP. Non matching with post war serials and the newer orange stock but still an original mid 40’s M1 essentially

3 Likes

An Original Winchester Model 12. Shot thousands of rounds of trap with it as a kid and adult. Sold during my drug dayz. Got a pretty good price for it but still wish I hadn’t sold it.

4 Likes

No sentimental value and not expensive, a CZ 75B. I was about to get my CCW permit and it wasn’t an option so I didn’t need it at the time.

Too late to realize need didn’t have anything to do with it.

I’m thinking of acquiring a CZ compact sometime this year.

3 Likes

Bersa Thunder .380, point and shoot accuracy. The funds from the sale did go to a Glock 27 which turned out to be even better.

5 Likes

A star DK .380 looked like a small 1911

2 Likes

I don’t understand this concept of “selling guns”. I waited too long to get started collecting them, not gonna get rid of them except in my will to my son and nephew.

4 Likes

I have sold a couple over the years. Once when money was tight. And other times when I wasn’t in love with what I had and wanted something a little better.

The only one I sorta regretted was selling an LCP 1. I never really liked the trigger or the sights on that little pistol but I did miss having a micro sized pocket option after I sold it. I eventually got the LCP Max when it came out. It’s a smidgin bigger and heavier but with much better sights, grip and trigger. So now I don’t miss the LCP 1 at all.

5 Likes

The concept for many is about new firearms being created, and not having enough disposable income to just keep buying all the new ones while keeping old ones that don’t get used any more.

For example, many of us had Smith and Wesson Shield pistols. But then Smith and Wesson came out with the Shield Plus which is exactly the same thing, but better in every way. Better grip texture, better trigger, higher capacity, identical size even works in the same holsters. It’s easier to afford upgrading your pair to the Plus if you sell the originals along the way.

It also might be that you don’t truly know the gun, and whether it is the perfect fit for you, until you own it. Sometimes you think it’s going to be the cat’s meow, and then it’s not. Nothing wrong with cutting your losses and moving on to something else.

If you can afford to keep them all just-because, though, that’s also great. More is more!

4 Likes

In my case, some are simply buyer’s remorse.

…A Savage bolt action in .17 that I thought would cure my rimfire itch
…LCR .38 wheelgun that I liked at first, seriously considered for CCW, but ended up taking a backseat to semiautos.

Also, the matter of cost: $500 to some is a drop in the bucket, it’s almost a week’s pay to others.
Trading in makes upgrades more manageable.

4 Likes

It’s in my EDC rotation but it’s the least used.

3 Likes

Mine was the LCRx version with external hammer.
I admit I didn’t spend much time with it in the range.
I sold it at the same time as the Single Six, moved on from wheelguns completely.

5 Likes

I got too old to lug this around at a range.

3 Likes

Wow. Is that an M1 Garand? .30-06? I rented at a range, a .308 which looked similar. Beautiful vintage looking wood.

2 Likes

No, it is an M1A1 Squad Scout in .308.

3 Likes

357 Cobra :smiling_face_with_tear: :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes