Which of your handguns is your favorite?

PPQ-45 is my favorite to shoot, and my HD handgun. A bit too big to carry, especially with the light/laser. But I shoot it better than all my 9mm’s. Maybe I should think about getting a PDP :thinking:

5 Likes

Kimber 1911 Stainless LW. EDC is S&W Shie
ld 2.0. 9mm

6 Likes

Amen to that! They are the same in my eyes. hope you are having a great day

4 Likes

My favorite is the Ruger Security 9 :slight_smile: I still love my other guns though.

4 Likes

@Mike270 and @45IPAC

GP100 - Not sure if it could be said it’s my “favorite”, but if I had to suddenly reach out and grab one gun before they all fell off a cliff, I would instantly reach for the GP100.

7 Likes

That’s really not a fair question. The Walther PPQ SC has proven to be an excellent choice for EDC and has taken over the title for that particular purpose. However, the Colt, MK IV Combat Elite .45 will always be a “favorite”.

4 Likes

Glock 48, my everyday carry with Truglo TXF Pro sights and a polished trigger group. Very accurate and comfortable to carry.

2 Likes

My Ruger American Pro 9mm

9 Likes

Favorite to choot would be my Czechmate but since it’s too cumbersome for EDC that duty goes to a P01, 43X MOS or G19.5 MOS.

4 Likes

After carrying and shooting the shield + performance center for a while… we’re engaged :grin:

5 Likes

It’s a tie between my G43X MOS w/RMRcc and my G45 w/Ameriglow sights.

3 Likes

Sorry for the completely unrelated question, but I’ve been considering this gun for my wife. Since you have direct experience with it and I’ve read reviews praising the recoil handling and overall behavior as a “22-like”, how accurate are those statements?

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Jose -

You can scroll down for the short answer.

When I bought this gun I was looking for a .22 Mag revolver. My local Cabelas didn’t have what I was looking for. I spent quite a while with the salesman - he talked about 38 special, which I discounted immediately. After a while he went out back and returned with the CCP. He talked me in to buying it - I should mention this was during the gun buying surge of 2020. I subsequently found a Ruger LCRx in 22 Mag, and have shot quite a few other weapons, but as I said I keep coming back to the CCP, largely because of the light recoil and concealability.

The CCP has a gas compensation cylinder which contributes a lot to the lower felt recoil, and it fits one’s hand better than some other small 380s. My wife likes shooting it, but prefers a smaller carry gun - (Glock 43).

So for the short answer; yes the recoil is very similar to a .22. My only complaint is that 380 ammo has been, and is, more expensive than 9mm or .22.

Thanks for asking!

3 Likes

Good to hear, I just got mine, but have yet to try it. Have you had any issues with the 13+1 mag? I have seen a couple of reviews where they had FTE’s

4 Likes

Joseph. If you polish the chamber and feed ramp it will take care of most any problems.
I have done this to all my pistols whether I had a problem or not. I use Isso Gun Bright polish
and a Q-tip, I found a package of different sizes up to .45 caliber with a Dremel tool. :+1:

5 Likes

Zero issues

4 Likes

Mine came from the factory polished.

5 Likes

Colt .45 Commander

3 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Today, I reaquainted myself with my SA Range Officer. Today, it is far and away my favorite…after re-zeroing the rear sight. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes