Favorite gun to shoot

i realize that many of us own multiple weapons, home defense, conceal carry, and we all probably train quite a bit with them…
But, when you want to go to the range and just shoot and have fun whats your favorite gun in your arsenal?

Mine has to be my Keltec Sub2k… easy to fire, pinpoint accuracy… just plain fun

3 Likes

My Ruger GP100. Its too big to daily carry, but, it’s a dream to shoot. Regular, off the shelf .357 is a pleasure to shoot. With 180 grain, “hot” loads, it’s a hoot. With 125 grain, self defense loads, it’s a flame thrower

7 Likes

It’s really too bad you don’t like your Ruger GP100, @45IPAC!

5 Likes

My FN509 Tactical is the one i use the most but it all depends on what I feel like shooting that day.

3 Likes

@45IPAC Awesome Photo! :+1:

I unfortunately sold my handgun favorite a few years ago. Didn’t realize how much my whole family liked it until after I sold it - a Beretta Cheetah 380 with Pachmayer rubber grips. So my new favorite handgun to shoot is my Springfield EMP-4 in 9mm.

Favorite shotgun to shoot is a Belgium built Browning A5 “Sweet Sixteen” that was built in 1958.

I only own 1 rifle, so I guess that is my favorite one :grinning:

3 Likes

I bought it for my boys to shoot, but I spend more time than I like to admit shooting a Ruger precision rimfire.

5 Likes

Probably the Canik TP9SFx … if I’m just shooting for fun. Viper optics are fun!
Or my Glocks… any of them… because GLOCKS. Just sayin.

3 Likes

I guess, I might have said it. Once or twice. :smirk:

2 Likes

RIA Spartan 45ACP

2 Likes

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag, stainless 4 5/8 “ barrel with 200 grain cast handloads @ about 1000 FPS. Shoots pretty mild, hits fairly hard, and very accurate.

3 Likes

Beretta CX4 carbine in 9mm.

2 Likes

Colt 22 Target Stainless Model CC5260 Cal 22 LR
Ruger Mark IV Stainless Hunter Model 40160 22 LR
and… best part, I can spend all day driving tacks for the price of an hour with one of my others.

3 Likes

My Springfield RO in 9mm, or, if I am just having fun, the old Ruger Single Six.

2 Likes

I love my stainless Hunter also. Mine"'s a Mark III.

3 Likes

@Brad Sweet! I put off getting another 22 pistol for years. But recently realized I wanted to use the caliber for training tactical and emergency/empty magazine reloads. I got the Colt back in the mid '90s and when I started looking two months ago realized I should just get the latest Ruger (always wanted one of the mk IIIs) Then, I realized Ruger offers one of THE BEST new spare mags prices I’ve ever seen! (((Boot to Head!))

I forgot to mention I “enjoy” my P220 conversion - only one mag - and a Walther P22. But the target guns Colt and Ruger built make me feel pretty good about passing up a Model 41.
edit: **Hah! idiot: The Colt is a six-inch Colt Target. The new Ruger is a 6 7/8s Hunter! **

2 Likes

I shoot my EDC more often but the KelTec sub2k is really fun to shoot. A friend an I were playing with mine 2 weeks ago and it is just fun to shoot. My friend ran the target out 10 yards and peppered the target with 10 rounds. I was able to put 10 rounds in the small target in the upper left corner on the B-29 target

3 Likes

Custom Auto-Ordnance 1911A1. I like 1911’s period because they fit my hands so well and are very comfortable.

2 Likes

I enjoy harder hitting calibers, but… for me, the most fun is with the Ruger 10/22 and the 22/45.

2 Likes

Depends on what I’m planning on doing…

I have many favorites, each for their own applications…

1 Like

Winchester M-70 in 30-06 by GA Precision with US Optics glass. 210 Berger’s or 208 AMAX’s at 2800 fps. Boringly accurate at 1K, a he!! of a lot of fun at a mile. It takes 2 seconds for the bullet to get there and 2 more to hear the “THWAK!!” of it hitting steel at 1k. You can’t hear it at a mile most days.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes