Where's best place to carry gun license/permit, in event you get robbed outside your home?

You all heard of a “NY Wallet”? A cool cop taught us about it during a safety class.

Do you all carry your “Firearm Licenses” in your regular wallet? Or do you stow it elsewhere on your bod?

Where do you all stow your “permits”? Advice?

Permit-less states – you lucky dogs you.

9 Likes

I have one wallet.

Don’t think I’ve yet heard of somebody getting robbed of their wallet, and the robber looking through the wallet on the spot, coming across a carry permit, and that changing things. I suppose it’s possible, but I’d more likely to get into issues due to forgetting a wallet somewhere, maybe not having my permit with me at all because I only remembered one wallet, etc.

THinking about it, maybe there would be an opening if the robber decided to take that level of focus on going through the wallet, especially since with mine you pretty much have to use two hands to get those cards out

9 Likes

Thanx Nate, made me think - I may research pants which have special/more secure pockets. e.g. … zipper + 2-buttons, with a flap.

3 Likes

YES, I have carried a fake wallet in my back left pocket of my pants with 2 - $20.00 bills and I know the serial numbers on them. They also have used gift cards in them. I also have my ordination card in the wallet and a card with how to have God in your life.
A good thing to remember is, if you feel you shouldn’t be somewhere than don’t! Just because I have a gun does not make it safe.

14 Likes

I have and have carried a throw down wallet when traveling out of town or out of state. :us:

10 Likes

Thanks for the good ideas.

5 Likes

What about carrying some movie prop money in your fake wallet?

4 Likes

I was thinking of these. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I mean, if the license gets stolen, I’ll just request another. I’d be more scared of the firearm you are carrying getting stolen than a wallet.

Kind of off topic, but a local establishment where I grew up had an employee shot and then robbed.

If the permit I stolen, that’s probably not the worst thing that could happen. That’s what frustrates me about the idea of losing a wallet. Having to go through the process to cancel and request all new stuff…. I never carry cash, so my wallet getting stolen would just be a chore.

8 Likes

Fanny pack for my wallet when traveling includes walking in crowded areas. I’m more paranoid about pickpockets than robbers.

5 Likes

Hadn’t really thought about that one. I carry everything in one wallet.

3 Likes

If my wallet gets stolen, my carry permit is the least of my worries. The state has a record of my carry permit, and I have digital copies of both my state and my federal permits.

Of more immediate concern are my IDs and credit cards. Identity theft and credit fraud can happen quickly and do a lot of damage that may take years to resolve.

7 Likes

Mine is under my phone in the phone cover

4 Likes

Carry everything in my wallet, If I am in crowded areas, I move it to front Pocket.

8 Likes

Wait! Those are fake!?!

6 Likes

Imagine if a thief opens your wallet and finds those in there. :rofl:

5 Likes

What a neat surprise!

PK

Check out www.EasternShoreFishAndGame.blogspot.com

3 Likes

A good read but unfortunately and sadly true. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I only carry one wallet. If I am ever robbed, I will be sure to report that my license to carry was in the wallet. Until I receive my replacement card, I will open-carry since it is legal in Alabama.

5 Likes

In my holster under my .45 : )

4 Likes