Where do you carry?

During a few recent classes I’ve been a part of, I’m amazed at the number of people who are carrying at 3:00. I didn’t realize so many people carried in that position.

Where do you prefer to carry? (You can choose more than one)

• Off body
  • Appendix
  • 2:00
  • 3:00
  • 4:00
  • 5:00
  • IWB
  • OWB

0 voters

Do you train drawing from the holster in your every-day carry position?

2 Likes

Missing…10-11 o’clock crossdraw
Depends on what I’m carrying for and where I’m going to be. Crossdraw if I’m out,
If I’m at the range, often 1:30 IWB, or 3 OWB

2 Likes

Yes to the training. Each range trip includes some draw-and-fire-drills with my EDC. My goal is to become smooth and confident with my draw and point shooting. Not totally there yet, but improving.

Regards.

1 Like

3-4 o’clock

2 Likes

3-4 o’clock. Yes I include some shooting from a draw. I also do some dry fry practice from a draw. Old John Wayne movie bad guys make good dry fire targets.

2 Likes

I’m lefty, so 11 and 2 crossdraw. OWB. Both work great.
I like 9, but my current holster bends too much.
I’m thinking about appendix or 1 o’clock with horizontal position. There are few holsters with 360 swivel paddle available now.

3 Likes

About 3:30-4:00 generally for normal carry, I like to shift depending on what I’m doing and especially when driving.

About 10:30 cross draw generally when hunting and/or riding.

If I worked behind a desk most of the time the crossdraw would be my preference.

2 Likes

Also forgot thigh carry for us girls. When wearing skirts (depending upon what top I have on) and dresses I use my garter holster and garter belt. I know guys the girls get all of the fun, cute, cool stuff :laughing:

5 Likes

Pocket. LCR or G43.

1 Like

45 at 3 o’ clock 380 pocket

1 Like

oh, forgot to add… cross-draw corset also :smile:

3 Likes

The corset…highly.underrated garment. Can be very beneficial when fitted properly and not worn too tightly, plus can accept a wide number of personal modifications for real utility, like a holster.

Regards

1 Like

Not just for the girls! I had a knife sheath to wear on my thigh under a kilt. With the sub-compact pistols available, I’m sure an under-kilt holster would work just fine.

Probably wouldn’t be as cute, though.:wink:

4 Likes

No l, probably would t be as cute lol

3 Likes

I dunno… men in kilts yaknow… that’s always worked for me :wink:
Add a thigh holster? Yeah, it could totally work.:grin:

3 Likes

I carry appendix and do drill and practice with it often. I’m fully aware of the concerns associated with that location and have weighed the pros and cons for myself. I carried at 3:00-4:00 for a long time, but find appendix to be more efficient for me in most cases now. The main thing is to practice your system and remember that if/when you’re holstering, you don’t need to be in a hurry.

3 Likes

Kilts are waaay comfortable! Seriously. So are properly fitted knee breeches, surprisingly enough. Have worn both in temps ranging from 3 below to up in the 90’s with no undue discomfort.

Not saying I looked good, but I felt great.

4 Likes

IWB, crossdraw, appendix

1 Like

I voted for 4:00 but it’s 4:00 IWB…yeuup, I practice drawing from EDC position wearing season appropriate clothes. In addition to helping improve my speed/draw, it helps me train for what happens when that shirt does get caught up in the draw and overcoming such wardrobe malfunctions and continuing with the draw and fire.

2 Likes

9 o’clock horizontal, or vertical shoulder rigs
right appendix
3,4,5 depending on profiling OWB or IWB
Inside Left Ankle
Outside Right Ankle
Rarely belly band, integrated tee shirt…
all and any depends on the needs of the day, my back, or which gun(s) for which bang(s)

2 Likes