How do you prefer to carry?

There are different ways to carry depending on what works for your body.

Which method of concealed carry do you prefer?

• Outside-the-Waistband (OWB)
  • Inside-the-Waistband (IWB)
  • Appendix Carry (AIWB)
  • Strong-side carry (IWB)
  • Off-body (secured in a bag)

0 voters

Why do you carry where you do?

Feel free to answer this question hypothetically to avoid giving too much detail about your carry (if you carry).

Not sure about the different carry types? You can find out more here:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/terminology/carry-types/methods%20of%20carry

5 Likes

I carry where I do based on a few factors -

• Comfort
  • Accessibility
  • Concealment
  • Weather - which translates to what I’m wearing

Yes, in that order. I have found that if it’s not comfortable - or at least comfortable enough - I won’t carry it. Also, if it’s too difficult to draw, I don’t carry it. I was most concerned with concealment when I started carrying, but as my comfort level with carrying increased, and I noticed how few people pay attention to the world around them, my concealment worries abated. I don’t flaunt my weapon, but I’m not going to worry about minor printing.

I have experimented with various carry locations (IWB, OWB, off side ankle, under my off arm) and I will use any of those methods.

10 Likes

I carry where I do, AIWB, for easy access to my firearm.

3 Likes

As a pocket carrier, I am offended by this poll…

18 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Appendix carry is more concealable for me, and it’s a much quicker draw seated or standing.
I take off the holster to reholster the firearm.

5 Likes

IWB is how I carry. OWB is preferred, but, during the warmer weather it’s a little more difficult. I can IWB 365 days a year, and nobody know.

3 Likes

LOL! I was gonna say “Hey, what about ankle?”

3 Likes

My back up is in my pocket!

1 Like

I carry… that’s all I need to say​:muscle::joy::us:

5 Likes

What is the difference between IWB and Strong-Side IWB?

I carry AIWB. I’ve tried every other position and I either can’t get comfortable with it or it prints pretty badly on me. I like OWB but it seems even with a long button up shirt it still doesn’t look quite right and the corner of the slide jabs into my fat enough to be uncomfortable over time.

2 Likes

I’m a lefty, and carry crossdraw IWB, which puts it in the spot for a righty as appendix carry.
One main reason I chose it was it’s the most comfortable and accessible even when sitting in the office, driving a car, or riding a motorcycle.
It conceals for me better than strong side carry at 9pm or 8pm. It’s in front of me so lesser risk of someone grabbing it from behind.
I carry in the same position all year long.

1 Like

BeanCounter–what brand of holster do you use? I’d like to do that with RH holsters.

2 Likes

@Aaron25

Clinger holsters :crab:

3 Likes

Thank you. Which holster do you use for cross draw?

1 Like

I have the Stingray which I no longer see advertised on the website. I have one each for a SR9C and 1911 Officer’s model.

1 Like

I’m new carrier and bought a IWB holster from We The People about a month ago. I bought this one because it could be used in different positions with different cants. AIWB is the most comfortable carry for me. Strong side pulled on my belt and my shoulder didn’t like behind the hip.

1 Like

Agreed on the pocket carry. P938 in a Desantis Super Fly most days.

2 Likes

I like my OWB holsters. I have a leather holster for small of the back carry, and a kydex holster that I wear for cross draw. Both carries work for me, because all the years have worn my hip and it hurts my back to carry any other way.

I carry outside waist band because when I carry inside waist band it is tucked into my fat roll and is harder to draw. I have gouged myself with my thumb trying to draw my gun. I have a smoother draw stroke with it outside the waistband.

4 Likes