When you carry what clothes do you wear?

Ditto. 6’, sleeved and one on my neck. Can draw more attention than any tshirt. Haha!!!

3 Likes

I can attest to drawing attention to myself simply from size. 6’4" myself, tattooed broad shouldered. One of the guys I work with keeps calling me a bald aryan MFer.

(Funny story, my shift at work, all of us guys shave our heads except the new guy who starts tonight, so we’ve been dubbed the Aryan Brotherhood. We have no actual affiliation with the prison gang. Although, we do have a 100% track record of talking people down. I’m starting to wonder if it’s the verbal judo or if it’s just unintentional intimidation.)

3 Likes

Did I start something here when I mentioned my tattoo? Should we start a new thread with pictures?

Just kidding (I think)

2 Likes

It could be gun related. Lol

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has experience with UnderTech Undercover Coolux crew neck t-shirt? I’ve always carried either IWB or shoulder holster when wearing a blazer but am considering this or a similar brand. One of my fellow Safety Ministry Team members wears something similar and swears by it. https://www.undertechundercover.com/collections/mens-concealed-carry-shirts/products/utuc-mens-concealment-crew-neck-coolux-shirt?variant=30370527174

1 Like

This is a great thread.

I’m not going to jump on this too heavy, but one thing I’m constantly aware of is everything I possibly can be. I often give my girlfriend (who is new to the mindset of situation awareness) lessons on my observations.

Here is something I noticed a few days ago: We went to Barnes and Noble. We walked up and there was a gentleman wearing 5.11 tac pants, and “operator cap”, Gruntstyle T shirt, and had a Molle backpack. I glanced to my left and saw an OD green dodge durango with a large American flag decal in the back window. I told my girlfriend to follow me as we entered, I “flanked” him and looked through the window to see the print of a handgun. This whole event was processed by my brain in less that 10 seconds. I made mention that the only thing I would have to do from here would be to walk up to the trash can behind him to get within “range” and go for his gun, snatch his keys…etc. It’s that simple, I noticed this just because, imagine if I actually wanted his laptop, car keys, or money the things i would try to process and exploit.

Don’t make yourself a target. I was wearing regular khaki shorts, sneakers, a plain t shirt and a Tyler Childers (musician) trucker. I also wasn’t making any drastic movements like looking over my shoulder, or pulling my shirt down. Nobody noticed me. Be incognito, be calm, be aware and it doesn’t really matter what you wear as long as you’re comfortable and confident.

KP

4 Likes

Completely agree. Gray man approach is much safer.

1 Like

I found these shirts with bamboo in them. Invested in several colors. Long sleeve t goes inside vedder IWB tucks way down for comfort. The Henly goes over top no imprinting but I add a light down vest in the cooler months. Light and comfortable every day.

2 Likes

I wear what I usually wear although I have bought a gun belt. I don’t wear anything special other than the belt. I try/want to blend in and not stand out as much as possible.

1 Like

Ahhh, another man of culture with fine music tastes.

1 Like

Sometimes it isn’t the gun that prints.

2 Likes

I got some carpenter jeans from Bernie Apparel that are not only affordable and true to size, but they have a stretch to them that allows me the choice of IWB or OWB holsters. And I don’t have to order too big to accommodate IWB. I think I spent about $25 per pair and they’re triple stitched.

1 Like

I pocket carry. So if it has pockets I’m good.

1 Like

My hubby won’t wear Tshirts unless they have pockets… :thinking:

2 Likes

my-gun-permit-pocket-t-shirt-apparel-13313782972467_480x480

2 Likes

@RocketPak OMGosh I’m SO buying that for my hubby :rofl:

I can carry in what I want to wear. I bought a belly band for when I want to wear sweats and gym shorts. Whenever I wear jeans or kakis I use kydex. I did buy some really big dress shirts for church because unfortunately they are not thrilled about carrying there, but it has become my most concerned place as far as carrying goes. Everywhere else I can wear all my normal stuff.

1 Like

Hello ladies and gents. I try to stay low key and not look tactical. Nothing against it, just not my thing as i want to blend in more. I guess I’m more into the grey man approach. Flex jeans and button up shirts untucked. I like the 5.11 Flex slim jeans. They don’t have a flashy logo and are comfortable. I also wear American Eagle slim Flex jeans, price on these is around $35 and really comfortable. The slim on both these brands is not that skinny jean fit and still roomy with out being as baggy as the straight leg that vary. I carry a Glock 26 and to spare mags in the waist band, in Cross Breed holster and mag carrier. Not tight and comfortable enough to sit in vehicles or at a restaurant. Shirts i wear untucked because that how i roll. 5.11 has some nice shirts with out the big logo and tend to be my favorite. Also wear a t shirt by itself from time to time but stay away from the thinner tighter tees to avoid printing. I find that a Under Armor casual Tee does a descent job at meeting this requirement for me. As for my belt i like Nexgun belts due to not being to bulky but ridged enough to meet my needs. My other CCW carries are Sig P226 and a Ruger SP101. The P226 is not as comfortable as my Glock 26 but can defiantly be carried with my wear. The Sp101 is same comfort level as my Glock 26. To be clear when i say comfortable it leans more towards tolerable with any of my CC carries. LOL. Hope this helps someone find a more comfortable choice. Be safe in your carry and i pray none of us ever have the day come when we have to draw.

1 Like

So the top layer I have on depends on the whether and the gun I am carrying.

If it’s under 60 degrees then I am probably carrying a full size pistol which is my CZ 75 SP-01 tactical and that means I am probably wearing my hoodie because it makes my gun vanish.

If’s it’s over 60 then I am probably carrying my Smith and Wesson Shield because I can wear a tee shirt and shorts with my shield and it still is concealed.

If I am going someplace where the Shield must not be seen then I will wear a black button down shirt with a collar that is one size to large.

My clothes depend on the whether and the gun I am carrying that day.

3 Likes

I believe in Gray man lifestyle when I’m carrying. I usually wear a t-shirt, jeans, and standard sneakers. If it’s super hot I wear Hawaiian shirts cause they’re lighter and airy. All of my shirts are generally 1 size larger than necessary, I dropped “must wear mediums” ego long ago.

1 Like