When you carry what clothes do you wear?

That’s my exact thinking too. People may be carrying concealed very well, but dressing as a target at the same time.

1 Like

I wear 5.11 pants in the woods or on the range. They’re nice for that. But not everyday.

2 Likes

@JKetchem @James It’s similar to some undercover sting operations. You want to ask the person busted how they DIDN’T know the people they were dealing with were police officers!

Our two departments work closely in our city. When we come upon them conducting surveillance we generally don’t acknowledge them, but I want to go up to them and suggest they rent “Serpico”, just for the sake of dressing to fit in.

Four clean cut white guys, wearing Under Armor shirts in a Ford Taurus in the area I work screams Popo!! :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, look at Green Berets, SEALS, and Delta Force. They wear traditional clothing sometimes. You need to blend in. I know I bring up Pat Mac a bunch, but in his book “sentinal” he talks about how they blended in when spying on Soviets in East Germany.

Granted WE do not need to blend in that much, or for those situations. We don’t need to practice idiosyncrasies to blend in with the local populus. We’re the local populus.

But, the way I look at it, I like having the element of surprise. Ask anyone who did combat missions, you want to hit targets at night. Not noon on Friday. Being the gray man is smart.

5 Likes

Nice gray man reference, I wonder how many here caught it.

5 Likes

You guys are killing me!! Laughing so much…

1 Like

I typically stay with my normal everyday type of clothing that I enjoy and have been comfortable with four years however I have had two make a few changes or try to adapt usually for me I wear loose-fitting shirt but regular fitting jeans because of this I have had no luck with in the waistband holsters and currently am struggling with figuring out how to carry at the gym and at church
I also have a great tactical vest that helps me carry but just looks like a regular I guess you can say redneck vest

1 Like

What firearm do you carry to church? I know several church members, that will carry a “pocket” pistol. A Sig 238, or a conceal hammer revolver drops right in a pocket holster. Yes, it’s not a lot of capacity, but, deep concealment comes at a price.

At the moment I don’t really carry at church I don’t have a good way to do so I have not had good luck with in the waistband holsters whether it’s because they’re uncomfortable print way too much still have me or I don’t want to risk the clip on my suit pants
Somewhere someone in the uscca suggested these new belly bands that I might look into though but when I do carry it is a Springfield XDM two

1 Like

If your wearing a suit, have you considered a shoulder rig? If it worked for Det Callahan and his Model 29, it could work for you and that XDm.

1 Like

Sorry for necroing up another old thread but it’s a good one.

I wear t-shirts and jeans. The only real care I have about my t-shirts is i’m very careful what prints are on them when i’m carrying. In other words, no punisher logo’s or firearm logo’s. If i end up having to use my weapons for self defense, I want the prosecutor to have as little “ammunition” to use against me as possible. I wish I didn’t have to care, but politics being what they are…

4 Likes

I carry my 9mm daily wearing my Levi’s and my work shirt since I work 6 days a week. I only wear the Levi’s since they came with my work shirts as part of our uniforms and didn’t cost me anything. I don’t have to wear a undershirt or worry about printing since the shirt is really long on me and designed like a Polo.

1 Like

Unlike other forums, we’re totally great with thread necromancy here, @Spence! People are continually coming into the USCCA Online Community and I would hate to have them feel like they cannot get in on the conversation because they weren’t here when it was originally posted.

In two years I may have a slightly different view depending on the topic of the thread. :slight_smile: But until something changes - all conversations are open to rising from the dead thread list. :woman_zombie:

1 Like

I pocket carry, j-frame in pocket holster. Relaxed fit jeans (a preference) and long sleeve sun-shirts (skin cancer issues). The shirts, worn untucked (a preference) conceal my pocket carry. In winter with any kind of heavy jacket, a flannel shirt untucked does the trick.

2 Likes

@TWeinzerl @Dawn I have a pair of CC Phantom Leggings from Dene Adams that I pretty much love. I’ve been wearing them for carry when I’m home with my full size Glock 21 or my Ruger P89 in appendix crossdraw and I’ll tell you it’s both secure and no more difficult to access than any other IWB I’ve tried with a tshirt over. It pretty much makes either firearm disappear.
I have a carry corset/tank from Dene Adams also, and it doesn’t really work with my rather-large firearms, but it’s super well made and I’d consider it for on-body wallet carry without a second thought :slight_smile: I’m shopping for a smaller BUG and it might serve well for that.
https://deneadams.com/collections/all-holsters

There’s a pretty good CC book out oriented towards women called “A Cornered Cat” - the cat strategy is right down that same line - stay chill when there’s no threat but always keep eyes and ears tuned for trouble, exit to safe space the moment trouble is suspected, if you’re cornered get big and loud and scary, and if attacked, fight explosively with every tool you’ve got until you can flee, then get the heck out of there fast :smiley:

2 Likes

@James don’t know if you saw it, but @Sheepdog556 mentioned the anti-gray man in another thread

that seriously made me laugh :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think I did see that. Lol. There’s nothing wrong with dressing that way, to each their own, but you’ll draw a bit of attention!

1 Like

If I am wearing short sleeves my tat will draw attention but then if they are looking at my tat they most likely are not seeing anything else.

2 Likes

Yeah I have sleeves on each arm. That draws a bit of attention. Along with being 6’6". Lol

2 Likes