When you carry what clothes do you wear?

Heres’s the coat. Sometimes I throw the hat on for good measure!20190311_201210

20190311_201409

3 Likes

yeahhhhh, until you get some peanut butter and JAM!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I see that shirt and hear the theme song from the Sopranos.

4 Likes

@Kerryman71 I think you legally are required to chainsmoke lucky strikes when you wear a shirt like that.

3 Likes

Haha. More fitting though is that I do enjoy a cigar on occassion.

3 Likes

I think that satisfies the legal requirement.

2 Likes

I would have to think it does.

3 Likes

You guys are awesome! :laughing:

3 Likes

I like Wrangler cargo pants and shorts. Carry the pistol only in right front top pocket,keys, flip phone, knife in cargo pocket. They have a neat tech pocket on the left that works great for holing a spare mag. But with the last pants my wife got me, they made the pockets shallower. It lets the pinky extension on the mag just slightly visible.

The tech pocket is where I carry my spare mags, when it’s shorts weather. The Wrangler semi-elastic wastebands are really comfortable for iwb Carry also.

1 Like

I always wear jeans and a tucked in black polo shirt. I also use a gun belt to prevent sagging. (Fun fact, I asked TSA before a trip about gun belts when flying, since they have a steel band all the way around on the inside. They gave me the green light, and I didn’t have any problems at either airport.)

1 Like

I wear 5.11 ridgeline pants, they’re pretty low profile. I wear an undershirt and a Magellan fishing shirt over my iwb pistol. The shirts are loose enough to make concealing easy, and they are vented and designed for hot weather so it’s comfortable in the summer. Since I live in the south, those shirts are pretty normal.

Any suggestions for wearing shorts with ccw

Wrangler Comfort fit. Can be had in several styles, and are super comfortable. They are a cargo short design, so, lots of pockets for your gear.

1 Like

I wear just carpenter jeans and shorts along with regular shirts. I also have pair of EMS pants with a pocket inside a pocket for concealment.

I understand all the teachings of being able to get to your CC quickly but my opinion differs slightly.
I am not in law enforcement nor am I living in the old west as a gun slinger. I focus on situational awareness and train on being able to draw my weapon smoothly not necessarily quickly.

Law enforcement at any level has to be prepared to draw and return fire in seconds that is their job. My job is to protect myself and possibly others. I would rather see the potential coming and remove myself and others from the situation before it starts.
I am not as young as spry as I once was so knowing what is going on around me becomes more important. Choosing a route to limit your exposure to a potential threat (real or imagined) makes a difference. No one can anticipate everything (not even fortune tellers) so keeping myself positioned for my best chance of survival whenever possible is my goal.

While out with my wife at a mall for instance she may not understand when I say lets go this way and not that but she never questions the why.

So to sum all of this up, for me it is better to wear clothes to blend in rather then wear clothes to afford me a quicker draw. If speed to get to my weapon is a concern I’ll open carry.

5 Likes

Slow is smooth smooth is fast.

3 Likes

In my “teachings” I have what I can the “bear” tactics. I don’t go full on tactical bs. If you think of how a bear reacts to a threat: run, get away and fight as a last resort or if cornered. That’s what I teach. And I tell people, you don’t need to look like you walked out of the 5.11 store. Dress for your surroundings, I dress in full tactical dad-wear consisting of jeans or shorts and usually a one size up t-shirt.

4 Likes

@JKetchem That 5.11 store line is great! I agree, I wear normal, everyday clothing. For me, concealed carry doesn’t just mean carrying concealed, it means concealing the fact that I’m carrying at all. If that makes any sense.

4 Likes

I like looking at people and guessing who’s got a gun. I’m sure the bad guys do the same. Gun manufacturer shirts, grunt style shirts, 5.11 pants, NRA or other gun group branded clothing and other over the top tactical stuff is a dead giveaway. I personally try to be as “grey” as possible.

5 Likes