What's your workplace's firearm policy?

I agree 100% My friend Adam has his own gun store too.

1 Like

My company is pretty anti gun. Not supposed to carry a firearm in a facility or company vehicle. This can get kinda tricky but my life is worth more than my job. I’ll leave it at that.

7 Likes

Soft target Zone for me. They don’t even want us carrying a pocket knife.

3 Likes

My work place doesn’t allow me to carry a gun even though I work security for them. And I work for a retailer and I have had a gun and a knife pulled on me. I have struggled with the idea of carrying or not. I am looking forba another job but I have considered carrying concealed anyway. Cause I do want to go home at night.

1 Like

Drive semi and go into some rough neighborhoods like Detroit and others at night I own the truck so thankfully now I carry!

3 Likes

I concur. Jobs are easy to come by.

1 Like

That’s just awesome. :sunglasses::us:

Is that a Ma-Duece on the floor in front of you Adam? Either way, that’s awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for your sacrifices Jonathan, thanks for your service. :us:

Our firearms policy is no guns in the trucks. I’m a driver and a part time dispatcher so my carry practices vary depending. Today I’m in the office so it’s definitely NOT a gun free zone.

1 Like

@Steve-G yes. And two Mark-19’s next to that. It was a good day.

3 Likes

Our employee handbook and policy guide doesn’t mention firearms or weapons at all, and I used to always carry at work. We recently renovated our terminal, and the security has been beefed up 10 fold…we now have 12 ft barbed wire fence around the property, 24 hour guards at the gate, RFID access at your shift time only at turnstiles after walking down 300ft between two fences that make you feel like your either in a prison or a cattle chute…and unfortunately, “no firearms” signs went up at the gate. It’s still not listed in our policies, but I don’t bother carrying anymore.

1 Like

It sounds like they’re taking your security seriously, @Dave1! There is that silver lining! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where I used to work was a gun free zone. No guns allowed on the premises.

My last day there was Oct 28, 14 and had my ankle replacement next and wasn’t able to go back to work but eventually closed about a yr ago after several yrs of laying ppl off.

1 Like

it is welcomed no issues here.

1 Like

My former employer didn’t have a problem with it. Most of us carry a firearm but some of the businesses that we serviced their hvac equipment were posted.

We are allowed to carry as long as we are within state laws.

2 Likes

I live in NH but work in Mass. There is nothing in the Employee Handbook about firearms and I would carry at work if it wasn’t a nightmare getting a Mass carry permit.

1 Like

I found out yesterday that I’m not allowed to carry the hard way. Boss got so mad he threatened to fire me if I carried into another customer’s home.