What's your EDC knife?

Yeah, idk. I was an angel in my 20s. I mean the halo was made from barbed wire and broken glass, but it was still there. :joy:

4 Likes

Are you looking into getting an EDC knife or do you have one?

2 Likes

I’ve got a few, but I’m always looking for a good EDC Knife. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want I can post some that I think are nice.

4 Likes

That would be great! I doubt I’m the only one who’s always looking for a good knife.

4 Likes

It’s time for me to go on a weird tangent. I like blades… LOL20171210_205717
20171210_205610

Please don’t judge. :wink:

7 Likes

I’ll start with my recommendations for anyone that needs a CA compliant or wants a smaller knife. I know womens pants pockets suck, these might help.

Non autos

auto and non auto “regular” sized edc

And anything by protech, microtech, spyderco, zero tolerance, and most by Kershaw. Also, those folding knives that hold razor blades are good too. My buddy strictly carrys one of those.

4 Likes

@Dawn these are my 2 favorite and carry one or the other everyday.

20190404_174414

3 Likes

I am a knife collector and have had about everything under the sun. I am very fond of this brand and have used the warranty one time. I own 6 of their knives. I have officers I have worked with switch over, my tactical buddies have all switched except for one nerd… lol. I will show him this post later!! You cant beat the price for the quality and warranty you get!

3 Likes

The biggest thing you’ll notice for knives is price, that reflects a lot. People think that a knife is a knife, and to a certain extent that is true. But a higher price is going to mean better steel. If the knife you’re looking at has a steel that says 5mo3v6cr203 (not a real steel, but you get the point) then it isn’t going to be able to be heat treated as well, and has high levels of different types of minerals and elements that really just shouldn’t be there. Simply, it is an inferior steel. A knife with a steel type that is labeled “stainless” is going to be inferior steel. A 16 dollar knife is also not going to have the high level of fit and finish as a 200 dollar knife. The hardware will also be far less superior as well.

That being said, if you lose knives all the time, buy that 16 dollar knife. Don’t buy 70 dollar knives and go broke. If you are broke, buy a folding box cutter. 16 bucks and you can replace the razors when it gets dull. Razor blade steel is pretty good. I’m not out to “shame” anyone that can’t afford a 100 dollar knife. But that 100 dollar knife will last years and years.

4 Likes

Oh and here are a few of my latest creations for the knife nerds… they’re all 1084 and 15N20 Damascus, and the bottom is cable damascus.
FB_IMG_1554415285183 FB_IMG_1554415277798 FB_IMG_1554415267265

4 Likes

@James I agree 100%. Worst decision you make is buying a knife and not knowing the basics. Kershaw and Zero Tolerance (Over priced) are good quality. I have many Kershaw and 3 zero Tolerance and 2 Benchmades. You can tie up a little money in a knife, but I love them so much and I am a little picky when it comes to them.

4 Likes

I don’t think ZT is overpriced. I think they have great craftsmanship. But I really only buy Kershaw. I’m looking into protech, but I need to get out of school and get a job before I dump 250 into a knife.

2 Likes

Honestly…you need to look at Off Grid. My son’s drill sergeant recomended them to him a while back and I did some research. Very nice. He got me and my best friend to switch from ZT. It’s all personal preference, 1/2 price of ZT. I need to make a commission on these damn things!!!

3 Likes

They look pretty good. I’m not a huge fan of AUS 8 steel though, and I really only buy autos now. But definitely seem to look good for the price, and AUS 8 is easy to sharpen.

2 Likes

Love those blades you made. They are very nice!

3 Likes

Thanks! The top one paid for most of my new AR build. I make some knives, sell them, then buy guns and ammo. Lol.

4 Likes

Now that’s the way to do it!!!

2 Likes

For some reason a lot of knife guys are either anti gun or don’t care about them. But they love buying 300$ knives.

2 Likes

See, I find I am happier buy knives, then buy a gun. Buy some more knives, build and AR10, then buy more knives!

4 Likes