What's the cheapest gun you own?

Walther ppq .45 w/ night sights. $ 670

2 Likes

@Craig6 No, my father’s Jap 7.7 has it slightly ground off. My dad’s younger brother ended up with Grandpap’s which is also slightly ground off.

2 Likes

Kel-Tec P-11 that I bought from my buddy for $125, and also it is the only one I own. Had to get rid of my Glock 19 Gen 5, cause we needed the money. Things are a little tough right now. I carry the Kel-Tec daily, and I have another magazine for it too. So I have 21 rounds at my disposal. It’s in great shape too. The only drawback is the trigger pull is from here to the moon, but it is manageable!

3 Likes

After accessories and or upgrades the average is $280 Ruger 10/22 with an archangel stock kit. $99 grand opening sale, Archangel stock kit was $179. .22lr ammo is very cheap and lots of fun.

3 Likes

My Taurus Millennium G2. It is my EDC. I would recommend it because no matter what I put in it, it always goes bang when you pull the trigger. Fantastic gun for not a lot of money. Of course now it is the G2C. They took out the master lock on the slide as well as a few other improvements. Not sure what else has changed about them, but I’ll keep my G2. It has proven itself to me. I paid $199 for it right before the G2C came out.

4 Likes

The cheapest I own is probably a Taurus 9 shot 4" 22m.

My brother picked it up for 200.00 in an estate sale and I pilfered it from him first chance I got, HA.

Between us we have enough firearms to equip a full company and the only problem we have is trying to remember who has what and what’s out at the ranch from one day to the next.

No matter who pays for it or how much we spend they are all “Our Guns” not his or my guns.

3 Likes

I saw a 6.5 Jap at the gun show this weekend, it had this on it:

I asked my boss, who is Japanese, what it says and its “deer” “master” “190”

6 Likes

I have a Taurus G2C it’s great no issues

2 Likes

You’ll laugh. My gun is cheap, and the only one I own: SCCY CPX-2, $230 OTD. Rather than spend money on more guns or more expensive guns, I’ve chosen to spend money on ammo, range time, and training. I’ve had 1 or 2 FTF’s in the past 1,000 plus rounds, and can safely disassemble and clean my gun blindfolded. It is reliable, I am intimately familiar with it, and can deliver rounds center of mass. I may be wrong, but cost isn’t the most important factor, it’s just one of many.

5 Likes

Shield 9. It was my first concealed carry pistol. It’s not bad but I prefer full size now.

2 Likes

“Beware the man with only one gun, he knows how to use it!”

8 Likes

Taurus 85 Ultralite revolver.

3 Likes

Sounds like a win to me @Paul1 !

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have never been able to stop at 1, but, I practice with all.

3 Likes

The cheapest I own was my first gun. Smith & Wesson SD9VE 9mm. I think it was around $329 new from Cabelas. Still have it and shoot it. Great gun for the money.

6 Likes

Thought this might be helpful in this thread:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/great-gun-buys-on-a-budget/

3 Likes

I am amazed at the ads i keep getting for guns on sale under $200. And they are from reputable dealers and manufacturers.

4 Likes

I remember when I was younger in the 1950’s & 1960’s when military surplus was available you could purchase a nice rifle from the NRA magazine for $25-$50 and US Post man would deliver it to your front door. I say man back then there was no lady mail carriers.

4 Likes

I have a few H&R break action guns, they were running around $50 when I bought them. The shotguns kick like a mule, especially the slug gun… but the rifle caliber guns are not too bad. For the right shooter I would recommend them. I was working my way through college washing dishes in a kitchen so I didn’t have a lot of “gun money” in those days.

4 Likes

My Maverick 88 by far.

2 Likes